Russian & Soviet Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 17 June 2011, 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrexia

I do have the Taranov 6th symphony ! Are you interested?

Tony

masterclassicalmusic

Quotehttp://www.mediafire.com/?z3w36fjqx4ya8gk
Golubev plays the Piano. Else i dont know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1s1y2lkchsk5wu4
Dont know who plays here.

what pieces are these?

fyrexia

Oops. forgot to mention haha.
second one is Golubev Piano Quintet and the last one is Golubev Concert Aria for harp and cello.

Tony

eschiss1

ok, I figured out the concert aria one, but I know Golubev's output well enough to have guessed that (not perfectly, but a work like that sort of stands out at one.)
The Taranov 6 does interest, yes, thank you.

I have mp3s and tapes of Dmitri Cuclin symphonies 9 and 11 (from a radio broadcast and old LP, resp.) but that's Romanian, not Soviet... hrm. still.. I should consider uploading something, and those are some of the best things I have, Cuclin was very good... anyhow.
(and in re Soviet music, I knew some of his music before, but thanks for expanding my knowledge of Jānis Ivanovs, too!)

eschiss1

oh! did you mean that latest upload in the Downloads forum was of the Golubev quintets, aria, etc. (wonder if anyone's taped the 6th sonata in memoriam Myaskovsky... was going to make a MIDI of it once back when I had the software as I did of one or two of the string quartets - nos. 9 and 19 or something like that? - and the finale of no.8... probably don't have all of those anymore... may have some.) ?

anyhow, you seem to have confused not just me... :) even though i was reading here too.

BTW for those who've heard the Golubev 7th symphony  on Fyrexia's channel (Heroic, op67, 1972-79, B-flat minor), there's a theme in its slow movement that the composer used earlier basically note for note (except maybe for key and of course instrumentation, but the harmonies even sound the same, I mean) in a similar place in that same 9th quartet (op58, ca1971, D minor). (Which I knew first, so imagine my surprise, not joking...)

fyrexia

The Dmitri Cuclin symphonies interest me very much. Would be darn happy, if you can share these music.
I was quite interested in Cuclins Piano works. I believe jonathan powell, might have played some of his works in some of his recitals.
I am actually wondering if anybody taped any other piano sonata from golubev besides the no.4.
I will collaborate with user on youtube, since i am very lazy to upload anymore picture-only videos. So i will be collaborating with user JCHBONNET.
I actually want to upload to his channel the Golubev Symphony No.5. Which might interest you. Probably i will post it here first though !
Talking about janis ivanovs, i am very interested in any new latvian music i can get !
Perhaps you might know some? Ivanovs is already quite big in the box. Symphonies and concertos and some piano works, including the Sonata.
I am quite interested in Lucija Garuta and Volfgang Darzins. I have a recording of Garuta's Piano Concerto and some piano works... like preludes and variations.
Darzins, i only got a live recording of the Sonata No.2 and Suite in A. I plan to work on the Sonata no.2 with score for my youtube channel.

Tony

eschiss1

I used to have a tape of the Melodiya LP of Golubev sym. 5 in A minor op45 (fine and even fun piece, especially that- I think impish is the word I want... - scherzo... was surprised how quickly Protopopov took it; I'd made a midi of a piano reduction of it at what seemed the right tempo but mine was rather slower. After hearing his, though, I took no convincing. Unfortunately, I accidentally destroyed a few tapes, that one included, some while after and haven't heard the work since.)
As to the Cuclin, will see what I can do. My digitized versions of the symphonies are as one large file (sym 9- well, 2 files, counting a 6-second opener that may be needed, will check. 40 min. in all, possibly also Elenescu as in the following) and 4 smaller ones (sym 11, Emanuel Elenescu/Orchestra Simfonică a Radioteleviziunii, ca.33 minutes; Allegro vivo- Scherzo - ?? (slow movement) - Allegro vivo) (keys of the 2 symphonies are A-flat minor and A minor respectively, memory serves). Good works, described to me by someone as Myaskovsky without the neurosis, which sort of fits, and with plenty of surprises...

jerfilm

II have Darzins Piano Concerto #2 but am a thousand miles from home until October......maybe you can remind me then.

Jerry

fyrexia

Jerry, that sounds excellent !
I have long waited to hear volfgang darzins orchestrals. And a piano concerto is even more exciting !
I would be darn glad to remind you on october  ;D 8)

Tony

eschiss1

hrm. friend sent me a concert from Lithuanian radio with Balsys' 1977 Symphony-Concerto for bass guitar, organ and orchestra and Žibuokle Martinaityte's Thousand Doors to the World (premiere) (haven't heard the latter just yet).

fyrexia

I have both the recordings !
I love the Martinaityte work ! Very interesting female composer i have to say.
Still hoping to hear some of her other works.
I am not very fond of balsys, only except for his violin concertos. Perhaps i am not used to "odd" combination for a concerto.

Tony

emi122

oh,no. fyrexia youtube channel is blocked.

fyrexia

herrarte

QuoteHere a rather old recording from german LP.
Alexi Matchavariani Piano Concerto. I uploaded this on youtube with score.
Here are the files, so members can have them on their computer.

I visited your Youtube Channel and was most impressed by his Violin Concerto, so I wanted to check his Piano Concerto but it turns out that your Mediafire link is set to private, can you upload the Videos to your Channel? Thanks.

fyrexia

Just updated.
Will close in 12 to 24 hours.
Nevertheless, i will still upload the work with score on my youtube.

Tony