Russian & Soviet Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 17 June 2011, 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrexia

A.S,

Thanks for the Gadzhibekov. I have not have any of his 2 recorded symphonies. Its good to have one.

Tony

eschiss1

Steinberg symphony 4 in C major opus 24 Turksib movement listing from the Fleischer collection (Free Library of Philadelphia Catalog)

1. À travers sables et monts = [ Across sands and mountains ] -
2. Rapsodie (Chansons du temps passé et d'aujourd'hui) = [ Rhapsody (Songs of the past and the present) ] -
3. Conduisant sa voie d'acier dans un combat incessant contre le desert à travers les montagnes rocheuses, à travers les gouffres et les sables = [ Guiding the steel road in an unceasing combat against the desert across rocky mountains, across chasms and sands ] -
4. Char du diable = [ Devil's chariot ].

If the FLAC files (which i converted into WAVs and then MP3s but anyway) start with movement 2, that gives a description of the 3 files there, starting with Rapsodie etc.
(found this by searching title=Turksib)

herrarte

Fyrexia,

I have uploaded the Alexandrov Sonatas 4,8 and 13 and the other pieces.  I uploaded the files uncompressed so nobody has a problem opening the tracks. I think my favorite is No8, you might agree. Ah, thanks for the Machavariani.

Cheers,

fyrexia

Fantastic. The eight sonata resembles very much to then 3rd movement of the piano concerto !

Tony

TerraEpon

fyrexia, as with the Sulak, many of your links in the thread are set private (and a couple may seem to be gone fully). Can you check on these perhaps?

(It's possible there's other bad links that aren't fyrexia's too).

lechner1110

Oh! This is interesting work!

Thanks!

A.S

fyrexia

I uploaded on my Youtube Channel, Revol Bunin Organ Concerto, Sambyn Gonchiksumla Symphony No.2, Maximilian Steinberg Symphony No.1 and Vladimir Zolotukhin Symphony No.2.

The Zolotukhin is somehow a jazzy and popular orchestral music. Not my type of music though, and i still prefer Kapustin then his.

All best,

Tony

eschiss1

I like very much what I've heard by Bunin so far.

fyrexia

A.S,

Do you have the Kuzhamyarov Symphony No.1?
Is your lp of the trumpet cto, by chance coupled with the symphony No.1?

Tony

lechner1110

Tony

Sorry, I got this trumpet concerto from other website.
  But, symphony no.1 was not there.
  Who anyone have it, I want someone to upload it.

But, I have other LP of Kuzhamyarov's music
  It's parhaps contains Kuzhamyarov's violin concerto and  symphony no.2.
  But I can't find it now :'(
  Please wait a moment.

A.S

fyrexia

A.S. Thanks again for your wonderful uploads !
This will be the only Symphony i have by Kuzhamyarov!

Tony

fyrexia

Thanks herrarte for these piano works, performed by Blagoy. He is a great pianist !

Tony

herrarte

fyrexia,

Can you upload the Gonchiksumla - Symphony No.2? I liked the 4th Movement especially.

Thanks,

fyrexia

will send a copy to your email.

Tony

fyrexia

Who has the MEL LP that has Khakhanov Violin Concerto, Kokoiti Concert Fantasy for piano and orchestra and Gabarayev Rhapsody No2?
I only happen to have the khakhanov violin concerto, and i would love to see the other works.

Appreciated for the help.

Tony