News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Polish Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 22 July 2011, 18:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

More thanks to A.S. - this time for a work by Rozycki which I didn't have in my collection - the really rather fine Symphonic Poem: King Cofetua. A typical luxurious, melodious wallow. Lovely.

britishcomposer

Thanks to A.S. from me, too!!! I have immense problems in finding time to listen to all that stuff but I appreciate all your uploads very much!
Have others had problems with the Noskowski 'Commemorative Sounds' as well? I tried to download it several times but my computer cannot make sense of the identity of the file.

Richard Moss

AS,

Many thanks for the Polish (& other) downloads.  Eastern europe is proving as rich a hunting ground as is scandinavia for 'lost/unsung' works of the romantic era/type (no criticism for those whose liking is more 20th century but I'm definitely hooked on the 19th!). 

Keep up the good work!

Best wishes

Richard

Latvian

QuoteHave others had problems with the Noskowski 'Commemorative Sounds' as well?

No problem here. Went smoothly on the first try. Good luck!

britishcomposer

Quote from: Latvian on Sunday 24 July 2011, 16:48
QuoteHave others had problems with the Noskowski 'Commemorative Sounds' as well?

No problem here. Went smoothly on the first try. Good luck!
I had to type the '.mp3' suffix to the file-name manually before downloading. Strange, usually my computer does it automatically.

lechner1110

britishcomposer

Hello.
  I changed file-name, and re-upload.
  Please try download it again.

A.S

britishcomposer

Thanks, A.S.
No problem now! :D

markniew

Quote from: A.S on Sunday 24 July 2011, 07:01

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b6u4lskr7b7mi72

Ludomir Rozycki (1883-1953)    "Violin Concerto", Op. 70 (1944)
  Ewelina Nowicka, violin;   Polish Radio Orchestra Cracow;  Zygmunt Rychert conductor

From Broadcast

A.S

Hello,

the uloaded Polish Radio recording of the Rozycki's Violin cto has been recently issued on CD by the Polish label Acte Prealable. There is also a second CD with two Rozycki's compositions for piano and orchestra - Pf Cto no. 1 in g-minor op. 43 and Ballada op. 18. Both played by Krystyna Makowska-Ławrynowicz.
As to the cto no. 1 - it has benn issued commercially for the very first time. In fact only two recordings of that piece exist: one done for Polish Radio archives in 60-s by Władysław Kędra and the second one we have now on CD.
Second pf cto (of 1942) was never issued in its complete form. In 70s an LP by Polskie Nagrania (Muza) was released with its second (final) movement. the LP was devoted to the art of the Polish pianist Józef Śmidowicz.

Marek

markniew

Hello A.S.

when you've got the Pachulski's Suite? from the Polish Radio? I try to check regularly their program but did not notice that piece!  I will check, I have somwhere the titles of the movements of the 3rd symphony by Noskowski.
by the way, I have got quite big collection of the off radio recordings of Polish music.

best,
Marek   

eschiss1

I posted the movement headings of Noskowski's 3rd symphony here a little while back - which see

Spring – Molto allegro con affezione;

Summer – The magic of the St.John's night – Adagio molto espressivo;

Autumn – Harvest home festival (song & dance) – Allegro;

Winter – Silence and lifelessness in Nature. Snowstorm. The return of Spring and greeting the sunny morning (Adagio-Presto-Adagio)

I forget if my source (a Polish music site? or perhaps the Euroclassic Notturno page at bbc.co.uk ?) had the tempo marking for the finale. Will check.

Ah. Here- google tells me this was indeed probably my source (BBC Euroclassic Notturno listings for March 6 2010, or earlier ones.) Another site (with downloads for the symphony, hopefully legal ones, but... hrm. also their site has downloads (samples?) for symphony 2 which are hopefully not the Sterling performances... anyway.) gives the tempo markings of the finale as Adagio-Presto-Adagio and so I fill them in...

lechner1110

Hello Mark.

I happened to found Pachulski's Suite from other website.

By the way, I interest in your big collection.
  I like Polish romantic music very much!!

Best

A.S

Alan Howe

Many thanks for the magnificent Nowowiejski orchestral pieces - highly enjoyable!

markniew

Quote from: A.S on Sunday 04 September 2011, 22:15
   I happened to found Pachulski's Suite from other website.

By the way, I interest in your big collection.
  I like Polish romantic music very much!!

Hello A.S.
Pachulski is rather not-well known here in Poland. You know for sure his Fantasy in A major op. 17 for pf and orch. that was released few years ago on CD by Polskie Nagrania/Muza.
I wonder how to send the excerpt from my inventory that - unfortunately needs a lot of updates.

best
Marek

markniew

you can find some Polish music in download section

Marek

lechner1110

Dear Marek

Thank you very much that you uploads.
  These composer's name are I heard first time.

By the way. Do you know F.Nowowiejski's symphonies are exists?
  I hope to listen it long rime.

Best

A.S