Polish Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 22 July 2011, 18:51

Previous topic - Next topic

markniew

Richard,

it is strange, I tried a minut ago and all was going simply without asking for any adds.
do you righ-click the button with the title and choose save target file as ?
Marek

jerfilm

You just have to use caution when downloading from that URL.  There are something like four different buttons that say "DOWNLOAD" and none of them tell you much about WHAT you're downloading.   
Jerry

markniew

so should I upload the Maliszewski to mediafire?

jerfilm

Of course, that's your call.   I think I would switch.  I just don't trust sites with lots of big, unidentified DOWNLOAD buttons.

At first I uploaded to RapidShare but they have the nasty habit
of deleting your files unless you buy the "pro" version.  Or whatever they call it.  So some of my links here at the forum are already invalid.  I started using MediaFire.

Thanks much for the Maliszewski.  I previously had his Piano Concerto and realy enjoyed that.

Jerry

eschiss1

I'll download the Maliszewski soon myself, have been curious about him for quite some time ever since seeing his scores on Sibley (not just the name but since the scores look like rather good music, I mean, of course... though I haven't the best record, no pun intended truly, of judging sound from sight- can think of several examples there, quite a few.)

Richard Moss

Marek,

I've tried again and I'm still getting a SETUP.EXE downloaded (with both left and right button options) that requires me to accept various add-ons etc.  I can't seem to finds a simple SAVE FILE AS option. 

I'll try  one last time, as others have suggested this is really worthwhile 'romantic' music I'd love to hear.

Cheers

Richard

markniew

I'll try to upload Maliszewski on mediafire.
QAs to Nłynarski - the symphony is good however not real big stuff - but rarity. I likw very much his violin cto no. 2, it was recorded few years ago by Kennedy.

and you have for sure the symphony by Stojowski? it is of late 90th of 19th century but is in the lovely post romantic style,

best,
Marek

lechner1110

Hi Marek

I have Stojowski's symphony.
  It's live concert recording of this year.
  I will upload it soon.

And thanks to tell me performers data of Barvinsky :D

All Best

A.S

Alan Howe

Marek: thanks for the upload of the Stojowski Symphony. I already had the piece, but not in such good sound. A candidate for Sterling, perhaps?

eschiss1

According to HMB, the Pachulski suite was published in 1897, not 1898, unless I'm missing something-maybe a revision occurred. Sorry to be picky. Looking forward to hearing all this of course though my Mac shakes its head at the .exe files (yes, I gather it comes with a version of Virtual PC but still would have to buy Windows to make use of it- no wonder it's cold in here... hrm.)

Mark Thomas

The Maliszewski Third  Symphony is a very enjoyable Tchaikovskian work, thoroughly worth an occasional airing. If anybody has a recording of the Piano Concerto or, indeed, any other work by him then I for one would really appreciate an upload!

jerfilm

I have the piano concerto - put it on my list to be reminded of next month.....

Jerry

Mark Thomas

Thanks very much in advance, Jerry.

markniew

I am quite sure that all who have the pf by Maliszewski have the same performance by Andrzej Stefański. I would be extremely shocked knowing about other recording. the same is with his Kuyavian Fantasy - recorded - according to my knowledge - only once in 1952 by Wladyslaw Kędra.
Stefanski did record in 70s also pf cto by Zelenski. here we have two recordings, first is by Olga Martusiewicz and was done in 1952 too.

Hello A.S.
I know that the symphony by Stojowski was performed live in recent months. I did not catch it off radio so would be greatly interested in havng your copy.
my recording is under maestro Chwedczuk.

The symphony dates back to 1894 if I remember well and won the prize at the Paderewski Musical Competition held in 1898 in Dresden. Other laureates were Melcer for his 2nd pf cto and Młynarski for his 2nd violin cto.
Symphony  was performed at the concert inaugurating in 1904 the Warsaw Philharmonics - founded by the way by Paderewski.
Marek

Alan Howe

Marek: do you know whether either of Zelenski's two symphonies have ever been performed and broadcast?