News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

Yup, the old guy used the wrong link.  Have corrected, I hope, the Novak and will go in and check the other uploads from today as well.

BC, yes I promised the Mielck Piano Concerto but I believe that it already has been posted.   I'll check the Weismann - I have Sym 2 & 3 but on reel to reel which will take a bit more monkey business to digitize.

Best,  Jerry

eschiss1

soloists in Novák's May symphony according to VIAF authorities and a bit of guesswork- Daniela Šounová, soprano/Lubomír Vraspír, tenor/Jaroslav Souček, baritone.

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Atsushi for the Kovarovics Piano Concerto. Very pleasant stuff. It's Kovarovics, by the way. Only two v's.

Alan Howe

Lionel Harrsion

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Friday 14 October 2011, 22:16
Thanks, Atsushi for the Kovarovics Piano Concerto. Very pleasant stuff. It's Kovarovics, by the way. Only two v's.
Thanks from me too.  Very pleasant stuff indeed - a prime candidate for Hyperion's RPC series, I should have thought.

lechner1110

Hello Mark, Lionel

I'm glad to hear your comment.
  I also think this work is a prime candidate for Hyperion's RPC series.
  Very good work.

Thanks

Atsushi(A.S)

semloh

Yes, I agree, the Kovarovic concerto is a most enjoyable piece. Thank you for sharing this, Astushi.

JimL

If the Wiki article has the accurate spelling of his name, then the pronunciation is probably Kovarzhovich, since he has the same inflection over the r in his name that Dvorak does (which I can't find in the character map).

eschiss1

it's called a "caron"- either r + ̌ (the latter is a "combining caron") or I think ŝ for the already-combined whatsit (r and caron) (it says U+0159 but that's in hexadecimal.)

JimL

Tried all 3.  None of them were the right one.

eschiss1

my mistake - try ř or ř

JimL

Nope.  Still nothing.

eschiss1

maybe/definitely should take this to message- you said "character map"- what did you mean?

JimL

When I hold down the Alternate and either the key with the Windows logo or the one with some other weird logo on it and type in a number I get any number of symbols: for instance, holding them down and typing 156 gets you £.  I'm assuming that's the character map.

eschiss1

Can't help you with that'n I think- well, I can try to search to see if there's a correspondence. I was looking for the HTML entity which if entered in a webpage would give you the carontly (or maybe not so carontly- maybe gravely and acutely obsolete) r-caron matchup.
Tilde next time-
E, circumflexly
(don't be too diacritical-- ok, ok, feel free)