Announcements of Radio & Internet radio broadcasts

Started by Mark Thomas, Saturday 19 September 2009, 15:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

The advent of internet radio has meant that broadcasts of otherwise unavailable music by unsung composers can be listened to, and recorded, anywhere in the world. This is the place to post announcements of them. I suggested that for clarity's sake, we start an new topic for each new broadcast. Also, to keep the signal to noise ratio low, as a general rule there's no great benefit from posting that a radio station is broadcasting an existing commercial recording.

The major European radio stations do broadcast gems from time to time, and the several German regional stations, together with Polish, Dutch , Italian national radio stations (and even the BBC!) are particularly worth checking up on regularly.

I've started things off by repeating below the two announcements we've had elsewhere in the last week...

Alan Howe

Thanks for this initiative, Mark. It'll make things much easier for everyone and tidy up the forum in general.

Gareth Vaughan

pfitznersch

Can u tell me several website of broadcast about austro-german music?

Mark Thomas

I've just posted a new topic here, which lists the stations I usually check.

John Hudock

For anyone who wants to record internet radio, I use a fabulous product called ReplayAV (used to be called Replay Radio, and frankly I liked the original version better. They've added a bunch of bells and whistles I never use, but the problems of feature creep are not for this forum).

Anyway it is like a Tivo for internet radio. You can schedule broadcasts you wish to capture regularly or on an ad hoc basis and it records them and saves them to your hard drive. It also supports conversion to the format of your choice (mp3 at different quality settings, some others). You can also have it automatically delete programs older than a certain date to preserve disc space.  They have a large db of existing internet stations or you can manually enter your own. It's pretty straightforward to use and I highly recommend it.

Anyway, more info can be found here:

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/index.php

Mark Thomas

Richard Wagner

I have been using Replay A/V (and its predecessors) since around 2004. It is the best software I have ever happened upon. You should note that Applian has ceased selling it. THe last version remains available for download, although for free. It is accessible from the download page on the Applian website, under he current products (in the archived products). THe company says that it has developed a new and better product. I am certainly waiting in anticipation for that.

StephenSutton

Just launched this week:   ClassicalVermont.com - in its frst stage is a pure  24/7 stream, under our licensing we can't yet set or announce programs in advance though this will come:   about 30% of content will be from 'relatively unsung' and in some case just rediscovered, composers though all from commercial recordings at presnet hopefully live concerts to come in due course.

eschiss1

... not an announcement per se, more an I just discovered this last one ?...

I see that Concertzender Netherlands now has (not positive they did before- wasn't able to find it?) an app for iOS, (if they need further advertisement among members of this group, eg their Unknown is Unloved? program for May 2018 has been all CV Stanford symphonies (on a quick check), just for instance.) (There's really several useful-it-seems iPhone apps- "Redio", BBC, as well as Stichtung Concertzender, also one made by Radio France I think...etc. ... with at least some intersection-of-interest with this forum though not identical.)