Addresses of internet radio sites

Started by Mark Thomas, Monday 09 November 2009, 08:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

In reply to Pfitnersch's query about Austro-Geman classical stations which broadcast over the internet, here are the addresses of the ones which I check most frequently. In most cases the link is to the station's schedule page, and I've not confined the stations to just German speaking ones. Feed the url into Google Translate if you are linguistically challenged!

Germany:
Bayern Klassik 4
Deutschlandradio Kultur
NDR Kultur
SWR2
WDR3

Poland:
Polskie Radio Dwójka

United Kingdom:
BBC Radio 3

Sweden:
Swedish Radio P2

Netherlands:
Concertzender
Netherlands Radio 4

Denmark:
DR Klassik

France:
France Vivace

There are many, many more out there. Classical Live Online Radio will give you more leads and it's always worth a weekly check at Operacast, which lists all the opera broadcasts for the upcoming week.

If you come across any additional interesting stations, perhaps you'd add them to this list.

eschiss1

Might I add http://radiowavetuner.com/ as a resource and list of stations rolled up into one, perhaps?
Eric

M. Henriksen

NRK - Norwegian Broadcasting Company
NRK Klassisk - channel.

http://www.nrk.no/programoversikt/avansert/?p_artikkel_id=&p_forhandsvis_flg=0&p_format=HTML&p_type=prog&p_periode=neste7dager&p_ak=AK&p_knapp=Vis+nedenfor

The link shows the schedule for coming days.
To listen to the channel, go to the top of the website where it says "Flere kanaler" in a small scroll-down window. Choose NRK Klassisk and enjoy!

Maybe you can fit the link into your list Mark? It looks much better than this hyperlink.

Morten

eschiss1

Hope this is appropriate. The excellent collator/search source Radiowavetuner.com is back up after a period of net issues. (Search by composer or title, list by time and station, links to stations and webstreams, etc. Imperfect but quite good in all. I have nothing to do personally with the people who run the site, I just like it a lot; it was down for awhile and I am glad to see it back.) (I know I mentioned it above, but this seems pushing up because it's back-sorry:) They carry schedules of classical stations from Antena 2 (Portugal) to YLE (Finland) among others.

jerfilm

Do you know which of these broadcasters, if any, have archives where you can go and listen to previous performances? 

Jerry

eschiss1

I know that BBC3, Concertzender NL (once Hilversum, now Amsterdam- for most of their programming from late 2006 on, I think), and Sweden's Radio P2's Morning Program do or did; possibly also still ABC (Australian) Classic Radio; lasting a week, indefinitely, a month, and variable-depending on program, respectively. Not sure how up-to-date all my information is on all these points. I think also a few others I've come across, e.g. a major French national classical station, will see if I can find the URL...

Some of them have players onsite only but sometimes one can extract streaming URLs to put into iTunes or Quicktime players to listen to outside-of-browser by being clever with View Source...

eschiss1

Another station that I recall is sometimes quite good and streams- their site could be easier to navigate; but the stream is apparently MP3 here - is MR3 Bartók Hungary. (They're playing jazz right now but had, last I checked, a diverse classical program, Romantic and Modern and earlier, with many live concerts, during much of the day. Worth checking but if you don't know Hungarian either, may be good to use a browser that helps translate even badly to guess where to click...- though they may have an English parallel site- I will check when back in a few hours, I meant to post this a few hours ago but forgot, and will edit it when I get back from work. Sorry!

Yes, not an urgent post, i know. Didn't want to forget again, though.)

fr8nks

I would like a link to a classical music station in Bulgaria. Actually I would like 2 links: one for live streaming and another for a program guide. I cannot read or translate Bulgarian so I will need help as to what links to click on once directed to the correct website. Would someone please help me?

Frank

Mark Thomas

fr8nks

shamokin88

lechner1110

Here is a my radio broadcast links (Microsoft excel file). 
  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cood4z4hjpp054y
  This file is consists of two sheet.

One,   broadcast streaming link
  Two,   Time table link

Unfortunatelly, few links are maybe dead link. But almost are OK.   

If UC members know other radio station, please tell me it :)

Mark Thomas

eschiss1

There would be some more stations I would wish could be added to the list if they had more of a playlist - perhaps a victim of, as some claim, the Digital Millenium Copyright Law in the USA (and similar ones in other countries, I assume) that (they say) prevents them from posting what they're playing until they're actually playing it (but then why some in the same countries and not others?...)

By way of examples Danish Classical Radio P2 is one such apparently - playlist only up to the moment, near as I can tell... though looking at the posted schedules of orchestras and ensembles they broadcast instead of just the radio stations themselves (as with other stations) may provide more of a clue.

And then though a different case I wish Slovak Rozhlas classical just had more detail in its playlist. But - one gripes. From what I know of these stations they seem quite good indeed in the actual music they provide (Nielsen's pupil Schierbeck right now on DR P2, Zimmer - Jan Zimmer - recently on Slovak radio - and many many etc. for these and other stations. I used to have a list of them of my own that may have had one or two not covered in the above list - will check, if I can find it, and after I update it... :) )

Hrm. This probably belongs in -this- thread, not the one I posted it in... If anywhere. Moving thereto.

Derek Hughes

There's Radio Stephansdom in Vienna: http://www.radiostephansdom.at/. Mostly gramophone records. Does three operas per week, including rarities from the Romantic and other periods: recently, Albéric Magnard's Guercoeur and, next month, Charles-Simon Catel's Sémiramis.