Addresses of internet radio sites

Started by Mark Thomas, Monday 09 November 2009, 08:17

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Seconding Radio Stephansdom, especially but not only their fine Notturno program. (And some of the recordings some of these stations play and the pieces they broadcast, are rather rare and little-known respectively - one can't upload them here, but it makes for good listening without a lot of expense, in my opinion...)

eschiss1

I'm not sure how much they do in the way of live broadcasts either , but judging from their schedule as mirrored on Radiowavetuner, Filodiffusione in Italy at least looks particularly interesting (sometimes?) and nicely varied- haven't heard their webstream yet - I can't help notice that their online playlist is full of detail, often movement-by-movement, which I have to appreciate :) . (Apologies if already mentioned, will remove.) Link seems to be RAI/Filodiffusione. (I notice FD5 mentioned as another classical station, or is that the same thing?)

(As to Filodiffusione "vs." Stephansdom in programming, the former does seem to play, in addition to standard repertoire, a somewhat larger amount of newer music (both have a good amount of rather older - older than some of us may be interested in - music in their schedules). Stephansdom has in their occasional (once a month) piano and chamber-music programs broadcast (usually CD recordings, I think?) of Romantic lesser-known composers, maybe more often than Filodiffusione (... ok, not surprisingly, Martucci's violin sonata  - Arts CD recording - is being broadcast on the latter station on Thursday, and several works by Nino Rota, who may qualify, later today...) (Hrm. One rarity they are broadcasting, along with more modern-ish ones like a Saygun (cello) concerto etc. (I like his work but it is sometimes influenced by Hindemith and even by my cross-eyed understanding of the term not always so "Romantic"), but also ETA Hoffmann's harp quintet (Thursday) and Rheinberger's Requiem (Friday).

StephenSutton

eschiss1 said: There would be some more stations I would wish could be added to the list if they had more of a playlist - perhaps a victim of, as some claim, the Digital Millenium Copyright Law in the USA (and similar ones in other countries, I assume) that (they say) prevents them from posting what they're playing until they're actually playing it (but then why some in the same countries and not others?...)

This law is a nonsense and a total bind,  and one we are working to circumvent (legally)  -just to introduce, as I have on the other thread, the new (five day old) ClassicalVermont.com   Feedback always welcome......

ignaceii

Radioplus.be

Select Klara which is the flemish classical radiostation.

Of course non austria-german radios without interruption , and very good at 320 kbps is
audiophile.
Theres is audiophile classical and baroque. From Greece our southern neighbours.
Now Audiophile is very interesting cause they broadcast often unknown or lesser known works.
Lately I discovered Benoits pianoconcerto op 45b on audiophile.
It is a favourite station of mine.

Visit Audiophile greece and there streams are on the site.

eschiss1

I thought Klara had its own URL (http://www.klara.be )? Stations Klara Goldberg and Klara Continuo, or something- or maybe Goldberg is the name of the program right now?. I've heard Klara Continuo (indeed, I have a stream for Klara Continuo set up in the relevant folder of my iTunes , along with others...) The program list can be found here. Unfortunately, mostly individual movements rather than entire pieces, but some really good choices, that said. The highlight next hour (after I write this) is Korngold's symphonic serenade (Albert's cpo recording, whole thing, 31.7 minutes.)

On a Facebook group btw I've found out about stations in e.g. Latvia (say) that stream some very interesting classical music (no, not entirely Romantic- a range, as with many stations- maybe some a little wider than others.) Happy to see if I can find some of the URLs again and post the information to supplement what we have, or send it to the appropriate person and etc., or &c&c&c...

eternalorphea

Croatian Radio-Television (located in Zagreb)
3rd Radio ("serious programme")
STREAM LINK

One would never even imagine that the Croatian Radio in-fact emits as much unsung music as sung.. So many names have I heard that I wasn't aware are composers of unsung status, and it was only since I started hanging here it became known to me..! I could have recorded so much by now, though I still wouldn't be sure is a composer that unsung for me to have meaning recording it. If there was only a list of the ones of status critical..
That's the primary reason why I've been posting exclusively Croatian and Slovenian composers so far, as I know exactly which of them are totally unknown, and not so far ago the statistics was all of them LOL

By the way, almost every piece of Croatian music (including many Slovenian), was recorded during the period from the foundation of the Radio Club Zagreb (in 1924) till the disintegration of Yugoslavia, in their studios or Lisinski concert hall.
The thing that confuses people outside Zagreb and Croatia is how is this possible, when almost none of these works have ever been published? Well, it's because the tradition here in music institutions (orchestras) is playing music from the manuscripts (composer's autograph or hand-copied manuscript). And it is the reason why this music rarely found it's way outside the city of Zagreb

JimL

Surely a move must be made to get the music published and disseminated on a global scale.  Who knows what treasures there are to be found?

Ebubu

Hello everyone !
I'm trying to find a way to record this concert on Deutsch KulturRadio RBB, which will be broadcast on Jan 14th, 2017 at 8 pm.

https://www.dso-berlin.de/live/ROC/DSO/content/e43/e488/e45278/attr_Item71914/DSO_Programmheft_Gabel_Tamestit_2016-12-07_ger.pdf

Any insight on how I should proceed ?
Thanks a lot.
Eric

adriano

Give me more details Ebubu; with my browser, this link appears to be inexistent...

Ilja

This is the one:
https://www.dso-berlin.de/content/e43/e272/index_ger.html?eventId=57220&ACTION_OPASCALENDAR=displayEvent&lang=ger&startdate=2016/12/7&year:int=2016&month:int=12

Details:

FABIEN GABEL
[/color]Antoine Tamestit Viola
[/color]Damen des RIAS KammerchoresJustin Doyle Choreinstudierung
Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin[/b]

Hector Berlioz
›Harold en italie‹ – Symphonie mit Solo-Viola
[/t]
Claude Debussy
›Trois Nocturnes‹ für Orchester mit Frauenchor
[/t]
Florent Schmitt ›Rêves‹
Paul Dukas
›La Péri‹
[/t][/color]18.55 Uhr Einführung mit Habakuk Traber

adriano

Thanks Ilja :-)
I missed this, but this is not an unsung program, except as far as the Schmitt is concerned. If Ebubu needs this particular piece, I cand send him a MP3 or a .wav from the old Marco Polo recording, conducted by Segerstam.