Overtures by Bruch and Fanny Mendelssohn (Video)

Started by jdperdrix, Sunday 18 January 2015, 17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

jdperdrix

The inaugural concerts of the new "Philharmonie de Paris" concert hall go on with the Orchestre de Chambre de Paris, conducted by Laurence Equilbey (mostly renowned for conducting the Accentus chorus - and a distant relative of mine).
Four overtures, the first two quite unsung:
Max Bruch - Die Loreley
Fanny Mendelssohn - Overture in C
Felix Mendelssohn - The Hebrides
Franz Schubert - The Enchanted Harp, later used for Rosamunde.
Concert given 17 January 2015.

http://concert.arte.tv/fr/lorchestre-de-chambre-de-paris-joue-la-philharmonie-de-paris
Link active until 17 July 2015.

Richard Moss

Dear 'jdperdrix',

Thank you for this very interesting upload - I've encountered all these works before except that by Fanny Mendelssohn.  (i) do you have any background on this overture and (ii) do you know how I can get from your link to a MP4 or MP3 file containing this music?  I'm not very technical so any help much appreciated.

Best wishes

Richard

jerfilm

Richard, you could use a capture program such as audacity or Movavi Screen Capture Studio.  These are "real time" captures but work very.  I've already captured the Fanny Overture.

Jerry

poem_of_ecstasy

I was able to download the video, and can post the link to it if I'm allowed by the moderators.

jdperdrix

Richard. There's a useful addon to Mozilla called NetVideoHunter. It may allow you to downoad some videos (this one, among them). I also use a small program called Captvty to replay programmes from French TV Channels. But I think that you need a French IP address.

Mark Thomas

No problem with linking to the video, poem_of_ecstasy.

eschiss1

also, youtube-mp3.org has an associated add-on? extension? version that one can install for Firefox. It just launches the website (which converts some, though not all, 20-minute-or-less youtube videos to mp3s, and apparently can be stopped by some sort of signal that alerts the website that the material therein is from a copyrighted performance, or something- all the better; I prefer, if i can, to give it URLs of performances (and music) to/of which the performers had upload rights, &c&c&c...) - but it's still a convenient extra-thing (and a good website, imhonesto, which I've used very often.)

Richard Moss

Thanks to UC members for all their suggestions - I'll try and get my set of 'digital spanners' on the job!

Cheers

Richard