News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

A Moszkowski Symphony?

Started by eschiss1, Tuesday 29 May 2012, 11:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

Quote from: JimL on Thursday 31 May 2012, 14:36
Do the initials DKW mean anything to you?  Perhaps Cameo can come to the rescue.

Why? How? DKW lives an awful long way from Paris...

JimL

I'm sorry.  I thought he lived in the countryside near Paris.  Why?  A) Well, he probably speaks French better than Gareth, and B) however far he lives from Paris, at least he doesn't have to take a train underwater to get there.  Also, C) he has a record label which records unsung symphonies, amongst other things.  As far as how, well, maybe he already has a library card for the BNF, non?

Gareth Vaughan

David's French is almost as bad as mine!

JimL

I'm starting to see why he lives in the French boonies! ;D

FBerwald

Wow ... what an interesting detour from the Moszkowski Symphony.. Now back to the point-at-tissue you silly twisted boy(s)! "Sapristi bombpetts!" Moriarty; What about that early Piano concerto ?

Jonathan

Didn't we discuss the early Moszkowski piano concerto before?  I'm sure I read something about the manuscript being discovered on this forum?
I do hope someone records the Symphony!

Alan Howe

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - er, Symphony...

JimL

A) We need a guy in France.  Preferably Paris.  B) He needs access to these scores.  Actually, I believe the PC is in other hands already, and that's another thread anyway, like the man says.  C) He needs to get whatever authorization is necessary to get a copy of the symphony to whoever can determine if the edition in the BNF is up to performance standards and get it performed and recorded.  D) His French must be impeccable. ;)

Alan Howe

Qui est-ce, ce type? Je ne le connais pas!

JimL

Moi non plus.  C'est depressant!  :(

nigelkeay

Ça ne doit pas être trop difficile, et qu'est-ce que j'y gagne ?!!

Alan Howe

Quote from: JimL on Thursday 31 May 2012, 20:01
C'est depressant!  :(

I think you mean 'déprimant'! Otherwise you're into depressant drugs or alcohol...

Alan Howe

Quote from: nigelkeay on Thursday 31 May 2012, 20:10
...et qu'est-ce que j'y gagne ?!!

What's in it for you? Maybe a recording of the Symphony...

JimL

Believe you me, Nigel, if you expedite a recording you're at least entitled to a free CD!

Lionel Harrsion

Don't you believe it -- and I speak from personal experience!  :o