Ross Edwards(1943-): a Catalogue of the Orchestral Music

Started by Dundonnell, Friday 27 July 2012, 01:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

ROSS EDWARDS: A CATALOGUE OF THE ORCHESTRAL MUSIC

1970-73:Choros for Piano and Orchestra   (withdrawn)
1973:      "Mountain Village in a Clearing Mist" for orchestra: 12 minutes        +   (ABC Classics cd)
1982/2003:Piano Concerto: 20 minutes    +   (ABC Classics cd)
1988:      "Maninyas"-Violin Concerto: 26 minutes    + (Canary Classics cd)
1989:      Nocturne "Yarrageh" for Solo Percussion and Orchestra: 14 minutes      +   (ABC Classics cd)
1991:      Symphony No.1 "Da pacem Domine": 27 minutes   +  (ABC Classics cd)
1993:      "Enyato I: Chorale and Ecstatic Dance" for string orchestra: 12 minutes        +  (ABC Classics cd)
               "Veni Creator Spiritus" for string orchestra: 16 minutes   + (ABC Classics cd)
1994-95:"Arafura Dances"-Concerto for Guitar and String Orchestra: 19 minutes        +   (ABC Classics cd)
1995:      "Enyato III: Chorale and Ecstatic Dance" for string orchestra: 12 minutes
1996-97:Symphony No.2 "Earth Spirit Songs" for soprano and orchestra: 21 minutes
1998-2000:Symphony No.3 "Mater Magna": 25 minutes   +  (ABC Classics cd)
1999:      "Dancing Light" for string orchestra: 5 minutes
               "Emerald Crossing" for orchestra: 8 minutes
1999/2007:"White Ghost Dancing" for orchestra: 10 minutes    +   (ABC Classics cd)
2001:      Symphony No.4 "Star Chant" for chorus and orchestra: 32 minutes      +   (ABC Classics cd)
2002:      "Bird Spirit Dreaming"-Oboe Concerto: 18 minutes     +  (ABC Classics cd)
2004/05:"The Heart of Night" for shakuhachi and orchestra: 20 minutes     * +   (ABC Classics cd)
2005:      Symphony No.5 "The Promised Land" for children's choir or female trio and orchestra: 38 minutes
2007:      Clarinet Concerto: 24 minutes    +  (ABC Classics cd)
2010:      "Elegies and Epiphanies" for orchestra: 20 minutes
               "Spirit Ground" for orchestra and solo violin: 7 minutes

thalbergmad

There is a composition titled Choros for piano and orchestra that dates from 1972.

Judging by the list at the Australian Music Centre, I think there might be a few missing here:

=Ross+Edwards&wf[ish]=7]http://www.australianmusiccentre.com.au/search?type=work&wfc[]=Ross+Edwards&wf[ish]=7

Thal

Dundonnell

The list is derived from the composer's own website:

http://www.rossedwards.com/

I think that you may well be correct in assuming that there are a number of earlier compositions but-if "Choros"(which I have added) is to be taken as an example- then it looks as though Edwards has withdrawn some at least of these.

Thank you for pointing this out though :)  I shall certainly have a good look at the link you provided.