Orchestral Catalogues

Started by Dundonnell, Thursday 02 August 2012, 04:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Unless my counting is sadly awry the Malcolm Williamson Catalogue is No.300 of the series which I began in February of this year.

It was always my intention to call a halt once I had reached the 300 figure and take an extended break.

This now seems the appropriate decision to have reached and it is personally gratifying to be able to do so on this my 65th birthday.

My most grateful and heartfelt thanks to all those who have provided additions, amendments and corrections to thse lists and to those members who were kind enough to write to me with their expressions of encouragement :) :)

My apologies once again for the restricted nature of the catalogues but that was something I made clear from the outset.

giles.enders

Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I hope you have a great day, week, year.  I would like to thank you for your contributions to the composer reference section, don't be apologetic about the limitations, it wets peoples appetites for more. It has also inspired me to look through my own archive to contribute to this section.

Holger

Colin,

Happy Birthday! Regarding your catalogues, I think it's great work. Compiling information is a task of enormous importance in order to avoid losing oversight. I will try to add some information here and there in the future.

semloh

Happy birthday, Colin! The years rush by far too quickly at our age, don't they.
Thank you for the catalogues, which such are a lot of work. You must need a break. :)

Gareth Vaughan

Dear Colin,

Thank you for all your excellent work in providing these invaluable reference lists. We are all in your debt. I hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable birthday - and a well-earned rest.

Mark Thomas

JimL

Many Happy Returns on your B-Day, Colin!  Nobody else's nose will fit in that worn spot on the grindstone quite like yours!  ;)

Jimfin

Happy birthday and thank you for these amazing catalogues! I can't tell you how valuable they are!As they say here, O-tsukaresama deshita, which roughly means "Well done on your hard work: you must be tired"

jerfilm

Yes, Colin.  Another thank you and a Happy 65th.    The only downside to that particular birthday is that from here on out, the birthdays seem to come sooner and sooner....... 8) 8) :-\

Jerry

britishcomposer

A happy birthday from me, too, Colin!  :)
Your lists demonstrate an enthusiasm that one would expect of a 20-year-old student!  ;D

Alan Howe

Happy birthday indeed, Colin. Hope you enjoy your rest.

Peter1953

Also from the Netherlands, a most happy birthday to you, Colin! I've just raised my glass... again.

Lionel Harrsion

And Happy Birthday from me too.  When anyone asks me how old I am, I say 'I am 29 and a bit'

It's just that the 'bit' gets bigger with each year's passing!  ;) 

Dundonnell

Can I express my warmest appreciation for these touching expressions of thanks for the work involved in compiling the catalogues and the congratulations on having reached a particular "milestone" in my own life :) ;D

I cannot resist the temptation to record that I acknowledged my birthday by opening my recent purchases of the Naxos cds of the Holst Cotswolds Symphony and the Adolphus Hailstork Symphony No.1, the Dacapo cd of the Holmboe Chamber Symphonies, the cpo cds of the Heinrich Kaminski String Quintet(arr. by Reinhard Schwarz-Schilling) and the Alexandre Tansman Piano Concertino etc, and, last but by no means least, the BMS cd of the Patric Standford Symphony No.1/Cello Concerto.   A reasonably international selection, I hope :)

jowcol

Allow me to offer my belated birthday wishes,  and my thanks for all of the hard work you've put into this site.    Between the catalogs  and the indices, this site is becoming an amazing resource.

(I am tempted to start a pool on how long your "extended break" lasts before the temptation to do "just one more" lures you back, but that is another story...)

I'm curious to know what you think about the Hailstork Symphony 1.  His Symphony 2 may be a tad long, but has some very powerful and moving moments.  I'll need to listen to that again.