Orchestral Catalogues

Started by Dundonnell, Thursday 02 August 2012, 04:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Latvian

A very Happy Birthday to you, Colin! Your catalogues are a treasure, and your commitment to and passion for the unsung is an inspiration to us all!

Dundonnell

Thanks to you both, jowcol and Latvian, for your particularly kind words :)

Coming from members to whom we all owe so much for your marvellous uploads I am particularly gratified that you found the catalogues useful :)

As for your suggested "pool", jowcol ;D........don't start ::)

I have made a public commitment to take a break/call a halt and I am sticking to that.

(That is not to say that I shan't be continuing to compile catalogues (Christopher Rouse, Daniel Asia, Vissarion Shebalin and Maximilian Steinberg were completed over the last couple of days).....but they will be remaining stored on my pc at home.

JimL

Quote from: Dundonnell on Saturday 04 August 2012, 18:48That is not to say that I shan't be continuing to compile catalogues (Christopher Rouse, Daniel Asia, Vissarion Shebalin and Maximilian Steinberg were completed over the last couple of days).....but they will be remaining stored on my pc at home.
Until you decide to release them.  And if we eat all our veggies and clean our rooms. ;D

jerfilm

We wouldn't want Colin to feel guilty about holding them back or anything...... :-\ :-\

Jerry

alberto

A belated Happy Birthday also from me (returned from a holyday I have immediately read the last catalogues).

Dundonnell

Quote from: alberto on Saturday 04 August 2012, 21:45
A belated Happy Birthday also from me (returned from a holyday I have immediately read the last catalogues).

Particular thanks to you, alberto, for always being so able and willing to add cd recordings I had overlooked

The catalogues were much improved by your attention to detail :)

kyjo

A very happy birthday to you, Colin! In case you're wondering who I am, I'm new here ;D! Your orchestral catalogues are simply superb, and I read everyone one of them with admiration and interest .But, you need a break (but not too long ;))! I can't wait to see your Steinberg, Shebalin, Asia, and Rouse catalogues. And you should enjoy your birthday CDs: they're all winners!

erato

A belated greeting here as well. I much appreciate your work here, as well as your postings on other sites (as you well know).

Balapoel

I'll add my voice to the chorus: thanks for your hard work! - and a belated happy birthday as well.
Cheers,
Balapoel

Dundonnell

I cannot properly express how much these messages of thanks for my work mean to me :-[

Dundonnell

Quote from: kyjo on Sunday 05 August 2012, 05:12
A very happy birthday to you, Colin! In case you're wondering who I am, I'm new here ;D! Your orchestral catalogues are simply superb, and I read everyone one of them with admiration and interest .But, you need a break (but not too long ;))! I can't wait to see your Steinberg, Shebalin, Asia, and Rouse catalogues. And you should enjoy your birthday CDs: they're all winners!

One day these catalogues will see the light of day ;D  If not here then somewhere else.....that I can promise you :)

I am really touched that you should have chosen-as a brand new member-to be so kind and complimentary :)

kyjo

Thank you very much, Colin ;D ;D! You are truly a valuable member of this site. As you can see, I am not so "new" anymore- this is my 43rd(?) post! There's certainly no rush for more catalogues; I know this can be stressful, tiring, but rewarding work; I could never have the patience for such difficult work (especially the Florent Schmitt, Holbrooke, and Hartmann catalogues!). We are truly in your debt :). (P.S.-what are your reactions to your new CDs?)

Dundonnell

Oh...we must give credit where it is properly due ;D

The quite magnificent Holbrooke catalogue was the work of Albion(John)...not me :)

I shall make any comments on my birthday cds in another, more appropriate place/thread ;D ;D

kyjo

Oh, I though you made a Holbrooke catalogue and Albion make a separate, updated version! But my admiration for your hard work has not decreased one bit :).