Rufinatscha Symphony No.3

Started by Alan Howe, Friday 30 November 2012, 20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

Oh, yeah.  That.  Well, are any of the 3 in F?

Alan Howe

Alan Howe

The CD should be out in a couple of weeks. It's being manufactured as I write this...

FBerwald

Sorry to ask a silly question, but this would be a Chandos release right?

Alan Howe

No, it'll be available from the Tyrolean State Museum in Innsbruck. Apologies for the lack of clarity. Further details to follow, although I imagine it'll be listed at jpc.de or Amazon.de.

FBerwald

One more question - Are we to assume / conclude that the Chandos won't continue the series after Vol. 1 !?!

Alan Howe

I'm afraid I have no news at all. Sorry. Why not try emailing Ralph Couzens at Chandos?>>>
enquiries@chandos.net

MusFerd

Dear JimL, the concert aria in F which was mistaken for a symphony will not be on the CD, since the scoring has two bassetthorns - quite unusual for the 1830s and too expensive for our performance in 2012.

Alan Howe

Hi Herr Gratl,
Please do keep us informed about the release of the CD - including where potential purchasers might be able to buy it.
Thanks!

JimL

My dear Herr Gratl!  Why is it so difficult to find 2 basset horns?  I would imagine many clarinetists have one, as performances of the 2 Mendelssohn Konzertstüke for clarinet, basset horn and orchestra are to be found all over the place on YouTube.

Alan Howe

My dear Jim: Herr Gratl said it would be too expensive, not too difficult!

JimL

Hmmmmm.  Why would it cost any more to pay a clarinetist to play a basset horn?  Do oboists get extra pay for playing Haydn's Philosopher Symphony?

Alan Howe

I think we should simply take Herr Gratl at his word. If he says it was too expensive, it was too expensive. Now let's move on...

Alan Howe

The CD has now been manufactured. I hope to be able to give details of availability as soon as I hear back from Dr Gratl.

MusFerd

Dear Rufinatscha fans, the CD with the 3rd Symphony (recon. Huber) and the 3 Concert arias is out now - it is available in the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum; please contact my colleague Silvia Eller:
s.eller@tiroler-landesmuseen.at