Otar Taktakischvili (1924-1989) Georgian

Started by Balapoel, Thursday 16 May 2013, 05:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

Agreed. We need to hear what's being discussed...

Mark Thomas

Thanks to Christopher's kindness I've now sampled Mindia, and I'm happy to confirm that it's written in a quasi-romantic style, anachronistic for its time, but quite in keeping with our site's remit.

Mark Thomas

The label is unimportant I think. Although written well outside our era, the music is romantic in spirit, and as such I'm happy to see it posted here.

eschiss1

BTW there was a complete(??) recording of Mindi[j]a on MK LP in the 1950s (possibly reissued as a Melodiia CD set in 1984, unless that's a different recording, will have to double-check), and arias figure in a 2002-released song recital by Elvira Uzunian on Sonora Productions and (from someone else? Sung by Kuznetsova and Anjaparize?) in a LP miscellany in 1963. So it's possible, fwiw, that the upload already exists on CD/authorized download?? 

Ah. Unlikely, though. And the Kuznetsova excerpts are part of the 1950s/1984 recording which is conducted by a Mr Dimitriadi. Ok, good, good, the uploaded stuffs seem to be unmirrored. Sorry about that, sorry about that.

Mark Thomas

Fret not, Eric, it's always good to have you on the case!