Emanuel Moór (1863-1931): Double Cello Concerto and Brahms Double Concerto

Started by LateRomantic75, Sunday 01 December 2013, 17:36

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Alan Howe

Eric writes:

An MDT search for the recording does reveal another recording of the Moór double concerto, coupled with Brahms' Op.102, on Cello Classics (from earlier this year; the same label released a disc of cello and piano works by the composer back in 2007, as did Hungaroton.) Hrm. that might well be a release date for elsewhere (US only? Hungary only? (for now)) though I guess.

Having seen his first quartet in score (well, parts) I wouldn't mind hearing both of them, and more of his chamber music (and I'll see if I can hear some of those cello sonatas that have been recorded. The violin sonatas look interesting to me too, and the violin concertos, and... well.. anyway. Might be right about relative lack of memorable melody, though I won't grant that point entirely just yet :) and I haven't had that thorough a look at that much of his music anyhow, I'll admit, yet, again...)

Alan Howe

I think we may have confused you, Eric. The thread turned into a discussion of the new Hungaroton release - please see new thread:
http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php?topic=4995.0
The Cello Classics recording has the Double Cello Concerto also, but couples this with the Brahms Double Concerto.

eschiss1

I was just

(1) searching for the Hungaroton CD, and failing

(2) replying to the claim made much earlier in the thread that the part of the new CD with the concerto was an "addition" to the discography in the sense of being a CD premiere. It isn't; there's already a CD recording of this concerto.

I should have made this much clearer, however (and not shown my work :) )

Alan Howe