Conductor Ernst Theis - Radio Music (Künneke: Tänzerische Suite)

Started by Wheesht, Friday 30 May 2014, 10:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheesht

The German conductor Ernst Theis has an announcement of a new release for August: "Radiomusiken" Vol. II - ernsttheis.com

Not sure how many of the works fall within the new UC remit, but surely the Künneke alone is something to look forward to!

Ernst Toch, Bunte Suite für Orchester
Franz Schreker, Kleine Suite für Orchester
Eduard Künneke, Tänzerische Suite für Symphonieorchester und Jazzband
Mischa Spoliansky, Charleston Caprice
Max Butting, Sinfonietta mit Banjo
Max Butting, Heitere Suite für Orchester
Walter Braunfels, Divertimento für Radio-Orchester
Bonus Track: Mischa Spoliansky, Charleston Caprice (Konzertfassung von Ernst Theis)

Wheesht

Wheesht

This is now announced on the jpc web site for release on 14 October. Pre-orders qualify for a discount.

adriano

Nice to see that Künneke's "Tänzerische Suite" has been recorded. In one of my earlier posts I wrote about Künneke and mentioned his own old Telefunken recording of this Suite.

Wheesht

Austrian radio Ö1 is devoting a series of programmes to 90 years of radio, one of which is on tonight, Sat, 27 September at 7.30 CET. Conductor Ernst Theis will be a guest in the studio and some of the "Radiomusik" from his forthcoming CD (at least in excerpts) will be played. There will also be a lot of talk, so the broadcast will chiefly be of interest to those who can understand German.

Wheesht

The double CD from CPO arrived in the post two days ago and I am listening to Künneke's Tänzerische Suite with great enjoyment. It is a good thing that this recording from 2006(!) is finally out on CD. I haven't had time to listen to the other works, but most of them will fall outside the UC remit.