Fibich Vol.4 from Naxos

Started by Alan Howe, Tuesday 04 November 2014, 17:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

No problem. Just start a new thread. I'm sure it'd be very enlightening.

TerraEpon

Almost two years later and no volume 5....whatever happened? I remember reading it was supposed to be eight discs. They never even got the third symphony out.

Mark Thomas

Whoever was sponsoring the recording ran out of money, I  imagine. That, or sales of the initial volumes didn't warrant continuing the series.

M. Yaskovsky

On the Fibich Society webpage there's no sign of quitting this 8-CD project........... I'm still hoping for continuation.
http://www.fibich.cz/en/naxos-recording-project/

Gareth Vaughan

This question might perhaps be easily answered by an interested party contacting the Fibich Society, don't you think? Or Naxos?

M. Yaskovsky

I did.......... got no reply whatsoever. Probalby they only communicate in Czech :-[

Expi

Hello folks,

The answer from Naxos relating to Vol. 5 is:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We hope this finds you well.

According to our department-in-charge, there will be at least one more volume with Fibich=E2=80=99s Symphony No. 3 but it has not been recorded yet. =

If you have any other queries or concerns, please let us know."

Good to see that even big companies are taking care of the worries of simple customers.

Raffzunov

In the "Naxos upcoming" page, talks about new volume 5. The last one of the series with Symphony n°3 and some orchestral pieces.

FBerwald

It's wonderful to see this series (so far on a cliffhanger) coming to a close. Yet it makes you wonder what they thought could fit into 8 volumes.

Kevin

Yeah, with the exception of a "Midsummers night dream" I'd imagine incidental music isn't a strong seller.

TerraEpon

Well, Sibelius is probably as well. And Peer Gynt.

But yeah, it sucks because I love it. It's crazy that even a large Dvorak score is has only ever been recorded once -- in the 40s at that!.

Kevin

You speaking of his Josef Tyl incidental music right? I'm a big Dvorak fan and I've never heard it myself because of a lack of a recording.