Ricardo Castro PC broadcast

Started by lasm2000, Saturday 24 January 2015, 03:56

Previous topic - Next topic

lasm2000

This sunday there will be a concert of mostly mexican romantic music, including the Castro piano concerto. The orchestra is top notch (at least for national standards) and the solist is Abdiel Vazquez who is definitely -along with Rodolfo Ritter- the top young pianist around. You can listen at him playing the Ponce concerto with a student orchestra here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLsSXwtjM3Y .

Anyway, the whole concert will be broacasted at: http://c7jalisco.com , be sure to pick the culture (cultura) broadcast. I don't know if it will be available internationally, but I guess it won't have any IP banning by region since it is a public channel. The concert is scheduled for sunday 25th, 12 30 local time. Since we are at GMT -6 that would be 6 30 PM in UK time and 2:30 East Coast time.

The full program is:

José ROLÓN, Zapotlán

Manuel M. PONCE, Chapultepec

Ricardo CASTRO, Concierto para piano (Abdiel Vázquez, piano)

José ROLON, El Festín de los Enanos, Poema Sinfónico op.30 (1925)

José ROLÓN, Tres Danzas Indígenas

Hopefully, some of you might be able to watch it! :)

mikehopf

As a fan of South American romantic music, I would have loved to hear and record this concert .

Any chance of a video or audio download ?

Does Jalisco have an archive service?

lasm2000

While I am completely sure that they will broadcoast it again, I am not sure when. I have already written them to enquire. They usually repeat the broadcoasts during the time there is no orchestral season (around may).

Meanwhile you can watch a previous performance at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KQ6esnv2zA . Abdiel has the habit of recording his performances from a camera he places at the edge of the piano. Of course, the piano overpowers the orchestra and in this particular video the orchestra is adequate but not at the (current) level of the OFJ. But it can serve as a preview.

By the way, for the people in the Louisiana area, this concert is going to be performed there this Feb 4th. Maybe someone from this forum can attend ;)

mikehopf

Thanks to both members for the links. What a lovely tuneful concerto it is.

Richard Moss

I don't know if it's still there but the other year the pianist Rudolfo Ritter(?) - I think that was his name - has had a performance a most enjoyable by himself on his own web-site - and, if memory serves me well, most delightful it was too (the earlier Youtube version had some cuts in, I think). 

Haven't had a chance to listen to the latest version but to me it was a delightful, even if not profound, work and I enjoyed quite a few 'play-throughs' at the time.

Cheers

Richard

Aramiarz

The wonderful Pc by Castro (the first mexican piano concert was dedicated to Reinecke!), very soon it will be available for the world togheter the charming and delicious cello concert and the dramatic Oithona (the first mexican symphonic poem). In this recording we will enjoy the performance by Mr Ritter and OSSLP with Mr Miramotes Zapata as conductor. World premiere recording

lasm2000

Those are wonderful news! I guess it is part of Sterling's series, right?

Alan Howe

Gareth Vaughan

Aramiarz

Yes Dear friends! We are in details, I hope that in march-april is available this wonderful Cd. The cello concert in his initial movement has the dramatic atmosphere of the op 33 by Saint-Saëns, I'm sure that You enjoy all cd!

eschiss1

When did you say it was composed btw? I see Castro's piano concerto op.22 was published in 1906 in full score by Hofmeister of Leipzig (and maybe earlier elsewhere)...

(Ah I see, 1904)

Aramiarz

PC around 1904. The cello concert in that time. Castro was in Europe. The Pc was dedicated to Reinecke.

Aramiarz

Dear friends.
  This wonderful cd is ready in Sterling!!!
If you wish year some fragmentos
Please follow this link for the program where we shared the premiere in mexican radio