CD Release: Dora Pejačević, Complete Piano Works (2CD) by Yoko Nishii

Started by eternalorphea, Tuesday 17 February 2015, 16:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

eternalorphea

Hi Mr. Howe,

This's a G-translation, and no corrections of mine done

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About HERB Classics

Takao Murata of music producer, founded HERB Classics herbs Classics in October 2002. Based on the number of music production experience of up to it, Mr. Anton Sutanchefu (now Berlin Deutsche Oper of tone Meister) and, Keizo Mr. Iguchi (YK Noxis Japan representative and former Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd. recording engineer) With the cooperation, record the natural sound of the concert hall in the best state, on the policy that I would like you to listen to a lot of people, with the aim of recording production commitment of sound quality. In the natural sound quality and state-of-the-art recording technology-conscious sound of the hall, we have received a very high evaluation from various quarters.

---
Contact us

Herb Classics
Street address
Yubinbango182-0011 Chofu, Tokyo Jindaijikita cho 6-56-23
herbs Classics
in charge: Murata

Contact information:
Tel & Fax 042-444-3239
E-Mail info * Herb-classics.Jp (for spam prevention, please send it by replacing the info * to info @)

Payment method
Please transfer the money to the following bank account. As soon as payment is confirmed, we will send the goods.
Payment method
Mizuho Bank Akasaka branch
usually 1995496
name herbs Classics
transfer fee will be borne by the customer.

Shipping postage other commodity
Delivery of goods is approximately one week after your application.
Shipping is free for you to bear in herbs Classics.
Handling is, I am allowed only as a general rule in Japan.
Although every effort has been made ​​to assure the exchange and return quality of goods, the unlikely event of scratches or damage occurs in the delivery course of accidents, and if your order with different products arrived, on your returned or exchanged I will do.
If you have any complaints to the delivered commodity, please return upon contact us within 7 days. (Carriage of this case will be borne by the customer.)

eternalorphea

Alan Howe

Thanks for the information.

The price at Amazon.co.jp converts to £37.53 (including postage) - which is pretty expensive! Still, it depends how much one wants the set...

eternalorphea

Wooow! Perhaps they're trying not to sell it? :>

I mean, though Dora Pejačević merits the pedestal of high artictic dignity, it's not she whose playing's recorded on the CD; in that case I would set aside the money for it.

Now I'm left with having to wait for a pirated copy, or the CPO's edition

Alan Howe

eternalorphea

Ok, I'm eager to hear from you on that.. =D

About the CPO edition, this is a documentary about/ interview with Nataša Veljković. She plays nothing Pejačević's in it, but mostly Schumann I think (in unaccompanied music) whose her fav comp, and others. She speaks in Croatian(-Serbian) language, but anyway the point is in hearing the quality of her interpretation and technique in the very video devoted to that aspect. Seems to me she's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q303VMG8q4

eternalorphea

The CD release concert will be held on March 28 (Saturday), 2015, at this venue.
Facebook page of the pianist Yoko Nishii providing up-to-date info.
..and on Twitter Yoko Nishii

eternalorphea

Alan Howe

My copy's now on its way from Amazon in Japan, so excitement is mounting...

eternalorphea

Mine's too. I ordered it from Yoko direct. Ah, the excitement, mounting indeed..!

eternalorphea

Actually the CD had arrived on the address on March 3rd, but only yesterday late evening have I arrived on the same address too. So, I listened to it complete in a row, from midnight to 03:00 AM. It met what I expected, the complete piano works of Dora in a solid interpretation recorded with high quality equipment

Alan Howe

Yes, it's a very good set. More about the music when I've had time to listen properly...