CD Release: Dora Pejačević, Complete Piano Works (2CD) by Yoko Nishii

Started by eternalorphea, Tuesday 17 February 2015, 16:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

Alan Howe

Sorry, eternalorphea, I had to delete your last post because the script was incomprehensible. I suspect a translation is needed...

eternalorphea

Incomprehensible you say? Well, how to whom.. I should therefore feel special for having the opportunity to use the service of Google Translator?
Publisher: Herb Classics HERB023 / 024
Price: 4860 yen (tax included)
Orders: yoko51415@yahoo.co.jp
Your destination, name, address, e-mail address
Number of items
Free shipping
I will send along the guidance of payment method.
Mail payment or bank transfer.
Thank you

Gareth Vaughan

Of what do her complete piano works consist, please? I believe there are two, if not three sonatas. Is that right?

Alan Howe

Thanks, eternalorphea. The problem was indecipherable characters, not incomprehensible language. I suspect the problem occurred in the copying of Japanese characters into you message. Anyway, however it happened, it was gobbledygook!

Alan Howe

CD1 includes her Piano Sonata in B flat minor, Op.36; CD2 includes her Piano Sonata in A flat major Op.57 (in one movement).

Alan Howe

eternalorphea

Wikipedia lists Compositions for solo piano

I can see on the photo that on the back side of the CD ther's a logo of the MIC (Muzički Informativni Centar - Croatian Music Informations Center), what gives me a clue to why JPC-CPO didn't yet publish her complete works for solo piano (recorded in 2013, performed by Nataša Veljković) as the complete Pejačević series was conceived in collaboration of these two investors.

Gareth Vaughan

Do we know whether there are any plans for a modern recording of her PC and perhaps the Overture for large orchestra?

eternalorphea

I guess CPO planned like this

I. Orchestral (symphony, phantasie concertante)
II. Lieder
III. Chamber (cello sonata, piano trio No.2)
IV. Chamber (string quartet no.2, piano quartet, piano quintet)
V. Chamber (works for violin and piano)
VI. Piano
VII. Orchestral (piano concerto, overture; songs for voice and orchestra)

I believe, and would commercially make sense, the PC and Grand Overture were done at once with the Symphony and Phantasi Concertante, all together. The pianist is probably Aleksandar Madžar. CPO's chief/program selection director is Burkhard Schmilgun, whose wife's a Serb, and her acquaintances Veljković and Madžar.

Gareth Vaughan

Thank you very much. It is nice to know CPO have not decided to ignore the PC - and I would love to hear that overture.

eternalorphea