News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Adding Photo

Started by sdtom, Sunday 05 April 2015, 18:34

Previous topic - Next topic

sdtom

My normal way of adding a photo is to put the image on my desktop and right click it in between which doesn't seem to work. Help!
Tom :)

sdtom

Perhaps Mark will help. Send me a pm explaing what I need to do.
Tom

Mark Thomas

Hello Tom. I'm on holiday at present, but of course I'll PM you within the next few days.

Mark Thomas

Rather than PMing Tom, I'll write a public reply, in case anyone else needs to know how to add a picture to a post.

1. You can't upload a picture directly to UC, as it has no publically-accessible web space. So, upload your picture (ideally no more than 500 pixels wide) to some web space which will give you a web address for the picture.

2. Next, compose your post. Where you want your picture to be, click the bottom left button on the toolbar above the message posting window, the one with a little picture of the Mona Lisa on it, and that will add two snippets of code "img" and "/img", each enclosed in square brackets. Insert the url of your picture between them and it should be displayed when you hit the Preview button.

3. If you want it centred, just highlight the whole code between the first [ and the last ] and click the centre text button in the upper row of the toolbar.

You're done,  but remember not to remove the picture from the web space, as it's not stored at UC.

Hope that helps,

Mark

sdtom

Thanks for the help Mark. Wordpress where my blog and reviews are located stores. I'll try it in this thread to see if it works

sdtom

sdtom

Took me a few minutes but I got it. Thanks