Carrillo 1st symphony! Very soon

Started by Aramiarz, Sunday 05 July 2015, 07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Aramiarz

The second mexican symphony was composed by Carrillo. Premiered with great sucess in Gewandhaus around 1901. It has the Schumann's heritage with mexican elements. Really is a great work.

Very soon will be avalaible with the performance of the OSSLP conducted by José Miramontes Zapata.
Carrillo borned in 1875, same year of Ravel, Max d'Ollone, Gliere, Melartin, etc

edurban

Thank you Aramiarz!  Your work for unsungs is greatly appreciated!

David

Alan Howe

Aramiarz

This wonderful Symphony and two charming suites will be available the next month.

Alan Howe

Mykulh

Great news from Mexico. For my Discography of Symphonies can you tell me the label and catalogue number as well as the names of the two suites that will be on this CD? Many thanks Aramiarz .

Aramiarz

In the Cd is the symphony in four movements, the Theme with variations for orchestra and "First suite for orchestra". The symphony was dedicated to Porfirio Díaz, president of México around 30 years. He was dictator but supported the culture. He sent to Carrillo for studied in Leipzig.

Mykulh

Many thanks for this information. May we also know the label and catalogue number?

Alan Howe

It'll be on Sterling, Mike. I'll make sure you're informed as soon as the details are made public. The CD's not out yet.

Aramiarz

Sorry dear friends! Sterling CDS-1107-2, no problem for the info. Bo was charmed with this cd!
The LP from 60's was poor distribution... He never saw this symphony.

Alan Howe

Thanks! Can you give us details of the orchestra and conductor, please?

Aramiarz

Conductor: José Miramontes Zapata
Orchestra: OSSLP (San Luis Potosí symphonic orchestra)
;)

Alan Howe

Mykulh

Dear Aramiarz,
    Greatly appreciate the details about the Carrillo CD. Good luck with this and all your future recordings.

All the best,

Michael

Aramiarz

Thank you dear friends, in octubre will have Moór. Moreover in mid-august Norway Culture council will gave us news about support for Haarklou project. Goethe Institute in Mexico didn't support for Scharwenka Phillipp.... :'(