Carrillo 1st symphony! Very soon

Started by Aramiarz, Sunday 05 July 2015, 07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Yay Moór- I hope someone will have more of a look at more of his music- maybe his symphonies?

Wheesht

JimL

I'd love to see Castro's 1st given a decent recording.

Gareth Vaughan

Very good news regarding Moor and Haarklou. Shame about Philipp Scharwenka. We must try to get someone interested in his VC.

Alan Howe

Yes, that's excellent news. Thanks, Aramiarz!

Alan Howe

N.B. I have started a new thread on the forthcoming Moór release.

Alan Howe

Here is the CD as included in the discography at the orchestra's website:

Still no sign of its release, though...

Aramiarz

This wonderful cd is available in:

https://www.recordsinternational.com/cd.php?cd=08S003

When Carrillo wrote it was a consumated Master, great use of the orchestral colours and  horns part very difficult!

Alan Howe

Hi Aramiarz,

Have you any news about a possible release date in Europe? Thanks!

semloh

Just as an aside, I see courtesy of You Tube that although Sterling seems to regard it as a 'world premiere', the symphony may have been issued on LP many years ago, with the composer conducting L'Orchestre Lamoureux - although I can't find out on what label (Eric? ;)).

It's strange that a work such as this, if it did appear on LP, then just disappeared from view. It will be good to have the new CD.

Aramiarz

This LP had poor distribution. Bo of Sterling said me that never saw it in no one catalogue since 60's!! This Cd has two interesting orchestral works, Theme with variations and  Suite. Saloon music charming and well crafted in french Style. I have pieces, maybe If You have interest, I can send you one item

Alan Howe

My copy has just arrived from Records International. First impressions of the 1st Symphony (1901) are of a conservative idiom with a veritable cornucopia of gorgeous melodic writing, beautifully scored. More when I've had the time to absorb the piece, but it is evident straight away that this is precisely the sort of music that Sterling does so well.

Aramiarz

Dear Alan, thank you for your opinion! When you can share me about the Theme and variations And The Suite

Ilja

The old recording on YouTube suffers rather from awful sonics, particularly if the dynamics exceed piano. It will be good to have a modern recording. Is it available anywhere as a download for the CD-disapproving citizen?

Aramiarz

Dear Ilja. It's not available for download