Semen Hulak-Artemovsky (1813-1873)

Started by UnsungMasterpieces, Saturday 17 October 2015, 11:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Quote from: eschiss1 on Thursday 16 March 2017, 21:57
Like Glière's symphonic poem Zaporozhye Cossacks (which I've heard of/seen a recording mentioned...). Right. Should have worked that out, sorry!

Yes it was recorded on Marco Polo with the CSR Symphony Orchestra (Bratislava) under Keith Clark (1988).

UnsungMasterpieces

I've tried to find the score in the Russian State Library (in the online database, at least) of Zaporozhets za Dunayem that has 239 pages, but I can't seem to find it.

eschiss1

There are at least 2 university libraries in the USA that do? (Worldcat - title given is Zaporozhets za Dunaem : opera na tri diï   (removed most of the diacritics so that it wouldn't show up as nonsense here, but it shows up well if you follow the Worldcat link and your browser has the right fonts, so do that... use the "View all editions and formats" link  to find some other libraries that hold it.))

Christopher

Quote from: UnsungMasterpieces on Sunday 01 October 2017, 13:34
I've tried to find the score in the Russian State Library (in the online database, at least) of Zaporozhets za Dunayem that has 239 pages, but I can't seem to find it.

Try the Vernadsky National Library in Kyiv.

http://nbuv.gov.ua/node/554   (you can change to English in the box at top right)

UnsungMasterpieces

Nope, nothing. (I've even tried to copy-paste in Cyrilic.)