News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Godard: Dante

Started by mikehopf, Saturday 30 January 2016, 20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehopf

Sunday night treat:

SPECIAL PROGRAM: Live aus dem Münchner Prinzregententheater:: Sonntagskonzert mit dem Münchner Rundfunkorchester Benjamin Godard: "Dante"
Oper in vier Akten In französischer Sprache

Dante - Edgaras Montvidas
Béatrice - Véronique Gens
Gemma - Rachel Frenkel
Bardi - Jean-François Lapointe
und andere

Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks
Leitung: Ulf Schirmer
Dazwischen: PausenZeichen "Wie halten Sie es mit der Religion?"
Ein Feature zu den Themen Himmel und Hölle, Gott und Teufel, Glaube und Atheismus Von Sylvia Schreiber (3 hrs.)

Mark Thomas

I hope some kind soul records and shares this. Unfortunately I can't this time.

Gareth Vaughan

mikehopf

Do none of you guys have a program scheduler/timer on your recording devices?

I use Total Recorder as most of the European webcasts are broadcast in Australia at around 3.00 a.m.

Of course, if all else fails, I can always rely on BerlinExpat!

Mark Thomas

Yes, of course I do, Mike, but I'm a few thousand miles away from home at present and will be for several weeks. Also, I don't like to take the good nature of others for granted. Hence the bleat.

adriano

My two recording devices are already in position :-) One digital from cable Radio and another one from the internet Bayerischer Rundfunk podcast :-)

Alan Howe

Oh, that's great. Thank you.

Mark Thomas

jimsemadeni

I wonder if this is going to offer a re-listen? Has anyone been there before? And echo thanks to Adriano LOTS of things.

http://www.br.de/mediathek/video/event-livestream/1-eventlivestream-154.html

adriano

Well, the reception via cable AND internet Radio just had problems tonight (we have very bad weather and storms today), so I could only get a clean recording after about a half an hour. Let's hope they are making a podcast available; this is generally done one or two days afterwards. Generally, such podcasts are available on this side:
http://www.br-online.de/podcast/radio/mp3-download-podcast-uebersicht-br-klassik.shtml
Or perhaps we make a "joint venture" over UC
Will try and let you know tomorrow
So sorry about that... :-(

Alan Howe

No problem. Good of you to have tried.

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Adriano. Sometimes the gods are against us!

adriano

It's there! :-)
http://www.br.de/radio/br-klassik/webconcert/webconcert-20160131-ro-schirmer-benjamin-godard-dante-100.html
Enjoy!
However, this morning, the internet connection to this site is still very much disturbed and there are continuosus interruptions :-(
Suppose, since this is another Palazetto Bru Zane production, this will be issued on CD anyway. Bayerischer Rundfunk has an own CD label with an interesting catalogue - they just issued Sondheim's "Sweeney Todd" (also conducted by Schirmer

jdperdrix

Thank you Hadrianus!
I just downloaded it! It's a big video file (4Gig). Sound is good (AAC 192k).
Unless someone else is doing the same, I can extract the audio as MP3 128k and upload it on mediafire.
The vocal score is on imslp.
A number of documents, including the manuscript, can be found on Gallica at bnf.fr.

adriano

hi jdperdrix :-)
Are you sure it's complete and without interruptions?
I am working on it too, but I discovered another break of a couple of minutes in act 3, so I will try to repair this by re-downloading it around there and mount it... In my file, applauses will be faded out and the long intermission feature (in German) with interviews would be coming as a final supplement.