Donizetti: Rosmonda d'Inghilterra (Florence, 2016)

Started by adriano, Sunday 16 October 2016, 14:41

Previous topic - Next topic

adriano

Oh, immense thanks, Aragion :-)

The (digital!) broadcast I did yesterday had about 6 drop-outs in the first act, so I am extremely thankful for this!
It is a very good and extremely dramatic piece. Idon't know the Opera Rara recording at all - and I am not a great fan of Nelly Miricioiu - and I am not sure Renée Fleming is ideal for such a part. Perhaps the older recording with Yvonne Kenny and the Ulster Orchestra is better...
If you want, I have already made a .wav format version with tracks (overture - acts - scenes) and final applause fade-outs.

Aragion

Yes, italian broadcast was interrupted several times. I think this version is more stable ))
I'll be appreciated to you if you share this tracks (probably it's better to make mp3?), I have not enough time for doing it myself.

adriano

I've listened to this version of yours, mine was exactly the same as far as those interruptions were concerned. Shall we not rather wait until a re-broadcast turns up? Those brutal drop-outs in the Overture and in the 1st act are nerve-wracking. The opera will be performed in Bergamo's Teatro Donizetti on 23rd and 27th November again, so let's hope someone has the idea to record it for a CD.

Alan Howe

We'll keep the download, but I'll post a suitable health-warning!

Aragion

I'm afraid the probability of re-broadcast is low. We can wait for the possible official recording for a very long time (Donizetti's "Il furioso all'isola di San Domingo" was performed in Bergamo in 2013, but the information about the DVD release appeared a couple of days ago)...

mikehopf

There is a rebroadcast on DRP2 Danish Radio on Saturday.

1:20PM
Operaaften: Rosmonda.
Opera af Donizetti fra operaen i Firenze.
Firenze Operaens Kor og Orkester.
Dirigent: Sebastiano Rolli. (Optagelse fra 15. oktober). (3 hrs., 10 min.)

adriano

Thanks mikehopf, it is at 19:20, not 1:20
http://www.dr.dk/p2/sendeplan
Hope they will send a clean first act, that's all I need :-)
Apparently, those drop-outs went all over Italy that evening.

Aragion

Thanks for the information. I hope they will broadcast the original or corrected version without pauses (the spanish version was apparently transmitted from the same source as the italian one).

BerlinExpat

Sorry, guys. This is a broadcast of the 1994 Opera Rara recording!