Nowowiejski Quo Vadis

Started by Alan Howe, Saturday 25 February 2017, 11:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

This very lovely work is being released on Dux:
http://www.dux.pl/feliks-nowowiejski-quo-vadis.html
I haven't yet established when it will be available outside Poland, though...

This would appear to be a different performance (i.e. with different performers) from the one in our Downloads section which is slated for release on cpo.

adriano

99 Sloty makes 22 Euros, that price may be worth a try - still considering the "pending" broadcast version is quite excellent. Or what do you think about this, Alan?

Alan Howe

The problem is the cost of postage from Dux/Poland - more than the CDs, it appears.

M. Yaskovsky

Postage is a laughable €34,-................ (for me). I'll wait till it's om jpc or Amazon....

adriano

Alan Howe

I've contacted the UK distributors of Dux...

Gareth Vaughan

It has been posted on another forum that CPO may shortly issue another performance of this work with different resources.   :-\
That would be very surprising surely.

Alan Howe

Gareth Vaughan

Alan Howe

Dux's UK distributor, Discovery Records, tell me that they will be stocking this release, but don't yet have a firm date. More news when I get it...

adriano

BerlinExpat

I suspect the recording with the Philharmonie Białystok Filharmonia Poznańska and Łukasz Borowicz will be the one to be released by CPO as they have often worked with Łukasz Borowicz and the concert in Poznan was repeated in Berlin.

Alan Howe

I'll buy both - it's a marvellous work.

eschiss1

Does Borowicz record fairly exclusively for cpo now btw? I see he's recorded for a number of labels.

Alan Howe