News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Jozef Krogulski

Started by Gareth Vaughan, Wednesday 22 March 2017, 23:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth Vaughan

Does anyone have a recording of Krogulski's Variations for piano & orchestra in the form of a Krakowiak? I believe there was an old Polish Radio recording of the Variations. Don't know the pianist, however. Howard Shelley has performed the 1st Piano Concerto. I have searched for the 2nd Piano Concerto but have been advised by a Polish expert that the score is lost - alas!

markniew

Hi Gareth,

Yea I do have this old Polish Radio recording. Did't I upload it 3-4 year ago? If not I can send it. As to Krogulski's second concerto as far as I know it was never registered. 

markniew

I can see that the link to Variations is not valid so I will try to renew it.

redieze

Is there some family link with Wladislaw Krogulski (octet for piano &... released recently on cd by NIFC)?

eschiss1

Hrm. Wladyslaw Josef Krogulski (1843-1934) and Józef Władysław Krogulski (1815-1842)... er, well, could be a coincidence, but I sincerely have to ask, does the order of their first two names matter that much? Yes, it does in modern English nomenclature, but I've noticed that in some French and German 19th century names, e.g., one could interchange the order of personal names. Not so here? ...
Otherwise put, did they name themselves WJ Krogulski and JW Krogulski consistently or do we now call them that (to the limited extent we think of them at all) the better not to confuse them? (Good luck with that.)

"Son of Michael Krogulski (1789-1859), Polish composer and Tekla of Węglewski, half brother of Józef Władysław (1815-1842), Polish composer and pianist."

Ah ok. There. Apparently they were half-brothers. Got it.

markniew

Władysław Józef Krogulski was in fact a half brother of Józef Władysław Krogulski.
I have found the follwoing (unfortunately in Polish only)
http://www.bibliotekapiosenki.pl/Krogulski_Wladyslaw_Jozef
It is mentioned that:
Three years before his death, Władysław Krogulski donated his home archive to the Jagiellonian Library, it included a very valuable collection of his half-brother Jozef  Krogulski's compositions, his father Michael's, a large portfolio of his own - printed and manuscript materials - and rare notes from the beginning of the 19th century.

JimL

Perhaps the missing 2nd PC of Josef could be found there...unless it has already been picked over.

Gareth Vaughan