A Historical Marker for Anthony Philip Heinrich at Lexington, Kentucky

Started by nonhounnome, Monday 15 May 2017, 04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

nonhounnome

Hello Members,

I'm a musicology doctoral student from the University of Kentucky. The John Jacob Niles Center for American Music of UKY is now seeking donations for setting a historical marker for the American composer Anthony Philip Heinrich, highlighting his performance of Beethoven's First Symphony (the first Beethoven symphony performance held west of Allegheny) in 1817. The historical marker will be set up at Phoenix Park in Downtown Lexington, KY, the site that the milestone concert took place two hundred years ago.

The UKY musicologists would like to express great gratitude to who support us by donation or sharing on social media.

Here is the link of our fundraising campaign.https://www.gofundme.com/heinrichbeethoven

MartinH

The composer of The Ornithological Combat of Kings deserves some recognition - and I wish that score would appear on IMSLP!

eschiss1

Not really quite _sure_ of its copyright status myself, though the copies made a few years after composition (1850, according to NYPL and LoC?) may count as first published (distributed) editions so far as copyright law is concerned here and so the work (itself anyway) may be out of copyright.