Emile Jaques-Dalcroze - New CD

Started by adriano, Friday 19 May 2017, 06:20

Previous topic - Next topic

adriano

Glad to see that I can be bought for less :-)
It's a scandal, I know. I have written to Amazon already years ago in connection with other similar cases. Especially if the CDs are still on the market. Such perversely high private offers at Amazon Marketplace should be forbidden. Let's hope, that such arrogant (or naive?) seller will have to wait until the CD destroys itself before he gets rid of it.

Gareth Vaughan

Oh, I think they probably do. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would not immediately look elsewhere after having seen a ridiculous price like that. And if they can't be bothered to do a little Internet searching to find a more realistic price and actually pay what is so absurdly asked, they have more money than sense and deserve to be parted from it.

adriano

Good to have another example of usurious practices to protest. Of course, Amazon has no such kind of "claim option", so I try it in a customer's forum - with already some hypocrite reactions:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=cs_hc_k_edit_msg?ie=UTF8&forumID=Fx3RLE6WY0PI1B4&cdThread=Tx5OO5OJ9UP48T&cdPage=1#Mx36VYNNN6P4E4D

Sharkkb8

After dutifully and regularly searching my neck of the woods, I see that Adriano's Jaques-Dalcroze cd will be released on 6 April, both on Amazon and iTunes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079RJDD5B/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

https://itunes.apple.com/dk/album/jaques-dalcroze-song-cycle-orchestral-works/1347943203

Gregory

Sharkkb8

Hmmm, above iTunes link actually goes to the Danish iTunes site.  Can't find a USA link yet, but it appears to me that those of the iTunes persuasion should be able to search "jaques-dalcroze song cycle adriano" in their own iTunes store, no matter the nationality, and find it.

Gregory

adriano

I actually was told lately that the release will be in April only :-(

Alan Howe

Alan Howe

I've just received my copy of the new CD. It is, I am sure, a fitting conclusion to Adriano's recording career - if this is still the case. The music is rich, powerful and life-affirming throughout: here are yet more wonderful discoveries, the opportunity to hear which we owe to this true Marco Polo (!) of conductors. Thank you, maestro!

semloh

adriano

Thanks, dear friends, for your compliments! I am in a bitter need in such difficult times!
As far as my remaining Swiss music CD projects are concerned, I am spending now a lot of uncreative hours looking around for sponsors, but no hope.
Not to speak about having at least one of my own orchestral compositions performed over here. There is indeed also a Swiss mafia in the music business and of sponsors, who only support those who are well-known and already have enough money. And the most important statal sponsor Pro Helvetia does not support CD productions anymore...
All what I am good enough for are to make arrangements... The next commission will be a series of songs by Schoeck on poems by Gottfried Keller, to arranged for a small chamber group.

eschiss1

Is Ludvig Bonvin worth looking into, or Albert Fuchs or Friedrich Hegar...?

adriano

I have a few other in petto, eschiss1, which I definitely do not want to reveal before I a definitely give up :-)
Talking in public about interesting ideas has been not very good quite a few times in the past...
As far as Hegar is concerned, I always wanted to record "Manasse", but this would be an expensive project almost in the range of Respighi's "La Primavera". But today, CD producers do not invest anymore in their artists, so one must come up with a 100% financing... In the 1990s I was also much interested in the music of Alexandre Denéréaz, Marco Polo was not - and in the meantime, some of his works have been recorded by another conductor...

eschiss1

hopefully - one of these days - the opera in question Sancho, whose vocal score I see now @ IMSLP (and whose score and parts I hope are not otherwise lost besides the suite and overture you mentioned), will be revived and perhaps recorded.

Meanwhile for own listening I see NML has the violin concertos on Guild, your new Sterling CD discussed here (which surprises me - they have practically nothing from Sterling otherwise, I think- dropped all the Huber symphonies, eg. ...- I am guessing they will drop this too soon, so I will go listen through this once soon before they do :) ), and a recital on SWR Archives containing 2 small studies for piano.

(I see RISM online lists about 30 items of his, mostly published women's choruses from collections found in Swiss libraries. Intriguing too.)

Re La veillée, the vocal score of all 19 movements also @ IMSLP (from archive.org/U. Toronto originally.) The 4 movements on Sterling, and the Tragédie d'amour preceding - very lovely and striking!
So far I'd heard primarily by him, I think, a string quartet suite (also good).