Skorulskyi - piano concerto score

Started by Christopher, Tuesday 30 May 2017, 17:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

QuoteWhat actually is the copyright law for out of print Melodiya records?
I'm no expert either, but here's a link to a summary of UK copyright law as it affects sound recordings. UC is based in the UK. Broadly speaking, though, copyright can last as little as 50 years, but is generally 70 years from publication. So at present anything published after 1947 could still be in copyright. To be on the safe side we juse say "no" to any commercial recording, whatever it's vintage or current availability. Now back to Skorulskyi...

Christopher

Quote from: Alan Howe on Wednesday 31 May 2017, 20:49
Here's the Andante funèbre from his 1st Symphony:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUz55GRbZ_U
Very romantic indeed. Am I impressed, though? Erm...

Yes I'm not overwhelmed by that Andante either (it's also in the downloads section, same recording). Though am more than curious to hear the rest of the symphony it comes from.

Alan Howe

Christopher

eschiss1

Anyhow, a recording of a published work in copyright would be, I presume, in copyright in most cases...

dhibbard

"What actually is the copyright law for out of print Melodiya records? I personally have no idea. "

I have no idea also.... however, it is interesting that Melodiya is issuing CDs again from the LPs released a few decades ago.

eschiss1

I somehow doubt that poses much in the way of copyright issues. Not because of the time, but because of the moreorless legal continuity of ownership.