Martin Scherber Symphony 2 CD available again!!

Started by Alan Howe, Friday 16 June 2017, 12:20

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Whether either is right or wrong may be easy to determine or may not. (Hrm. Does the first movement's main section - assuming it has a main fast section possibly preceded by a slower section - begin with a theme complex stated in a fairly definite key (key, here -- ignoring major/minor _mode_)? Is it B minor or F minor? E.g.)

adriano

Sorry there is still no possibility for me to get this score. Be patient and don't spend your energies for such things which may be cleared easily once I have received the music!

adriano

I just had a long telephone call with a Brucknerkreis responsible in Nürnberg. I will receive scores of Symphonies 2 and 3 by postal parcel next week.
It seems that they are planning to have all three Symphonies scanned with some professional system à la SharpEye or Cappella, meaning that autographs will be trasnformed into print-like scores.
I only have PhotoScore, which is quite a deception...

Alan Howe

By 'deception' do you mean 'disappointment'?

eschiss1

French for disappointed is "deçu" iirc, perhaps similar in related other languages, I see where that question comes from...

adriano

That's it, sorry, but my native language is Italian. And there we use "deluso", but since I speak very well French, I though in French this time. I can write and think in 4 languages - so very often there's a big confusion in my brain.

Alan Howe

eschiss1

adriano

Scherber's Symphony No. 2 (CD Cascade 05116):
Since MusicWeb's offer has now ended, I am offering this item for sale at GBP 12.00 (including postage) or 14 Euros. Since postage charges were higher than expected, I made quite a "loss" with that MusicWeb sale. You can contact me via messenger in here.

Alan Howe

I'm sorry to hear about the loss you incurred. Thanks from all of us for keeping the offer open.

adriano

Thanks, Alan :-)
Will be coming back soon regarding eventual "tracks" or "sections" in Symphony No. 2.
I have the score of Symphony 3 in front of me. This is another Scherber-typical one movement affair, but on the last page there is a metioning about 12 "members", with indications on which page each would start, and these are mainly in places without stops. However, these are not in the composer's handwriting and may have been done posthumously.

sdtom

adriano

@sdtom
This (MusicWeb) offer is now expired, it worked only during a month.
What I mean is that I now offer this CD myself. Orders can be placed by writing to me through the UC messenger, with indication of address etc.
Unfortunately, only bank payments are accepted.
But I am still trying to have this CD available through Wyastone as a distributor - or ArkivMusic...
We have some 200 copies left!

adriano

I have now the score of Scherber's 2nd Symphony in front of me - and the key indication is "F-Moll" for sure. The indication "B minor" on the CD cover appears to be an embarassing mistake...
There are no extra indications on sections or movements in the score, in other words it's again a definite one-movement affair. Once I will find some more time, I could indicate "positions" of some theoretical tracks which could have been done for an easier listening (like I have in the case of my recording of Symphony No. 1)

eschiss1