Fritz Brun CDs on GUILD

Started by adriano, Thursday 13 July 2017, 09:29

Previous topic - Next topic

adriano

After Guild have closed down their Switzerland Office, Guild UK have decided to cancel their Swiss catalogue, including my 9 Fritz Brun CDs - this with immediate effect.
I am dealing now with the take-over by another label (preferably in the form of a boxed bargain edition, including the Sterling issue of the 3rd Symphony as well). Since these CDs were all commissioned productions, all rights remain with the sponsor, which is the Brun estate.
Keep your fingers crossed with me that this deal will be successful!

Alan Howe

Oh, that is very worrying news. We wish you well, of course, Adriano.

Mark Thomas

Indeed. I do hope that all goes well for you, and Brun.

adriano

Thans, Mark and Alan  ;)
Average sales pro item so far were between 200 and 500 copies, which is, actually, not too bad for that kind of repertoire...

Gareth Vaughan

No. Not bad at all. Publishing these sales figures on this forum provides a useful note of reality to our discussions. That said, the prospect of a boxed set might be an incentive for some collectors who have yet to purchase these fascinating and rewarding symphonies.

djarvie

Quote from: hadrianus on Thursday 13 July 2017, 12:01
Average sales pro item so far were between 200 and 500 copies, which is, actually, not too bad for that kind of repertoire...

Is this just physical CDs, or does the figure include downloads?
I have all 10 symphonies - as far as I remember I downloaded them all, from iTunes or from Chandos.

eschiss1

Those wishing to audition before buying should note also that they are, for the moment and as of this writing (the Guild symphonies CDs only) still available on NML, I see... (might stop being true 5 seconds from now, for all I know.)

adriano

Downloads will also be discontinued, but certainly re-installed after having found a new label. The figures refer only to physical CDs. Download figures are not reported, but this seems to be a no real winning business anyway in the classical music field, unless you offer Bartoli or Kaufmann, but these stars are asking for high royalties.

Alan Howe

Shhh - don't tell anyone, but I'm allergic to Bartoli too.

adriano

I worked with her since her Zurich débuts as Cherubino and Rosina and we are very good friends since over 25 years. However, I could add some "shhs" too, especially after she started singing soprano and castrato repertoire and Bellini...

Alan Howe

It's the way she 'hits' her coloratura runs - she can sound hard and juddery. As for her Norma, well, don't get me started...

dhibbard

Sorry to hear that  Adriano!!   Hopefully, it will work out.

M. Yaskovsky

I'd certainly buy a boxed set of the Brun symphonies!

minacciosa

Adriano, I sincerely hope the new deal will work out.

semloh

Yes, do keep us posted on the outcome, Adriano. These are magnificent recordings and they should be 'out there'.  :)