Fritz Brun CDs on GUILD

Started by adriano, Thursday 13 July 2017, 09:29

Previous topic - Next topic

chill319

I'd buy that box of Brun as soon as it was known to be available.

adriano

Thanks, chill319
And I can tell you that this Brun boxed re-issue becomes increasingly probable :-)
I also offer myself to sell this or that missing single CD from my own left-over stock, which gets smaller every week. But who knows, I may buy up some left-overs from Guild UK, depending from what they will ask for it. I was used to buy them at distributor's price. Fram Naxos I can still buy at a very low "artist's copies" price...
At this occasion, the liner notes, songetxts and biographies will be available on a bonus CDR. I am in process of revising all texts (and translations) and correct some early mistakes or wrong infos, especially from the time I started my Brun researches - and could not find enough information. During these last years I have consulted many Swiss and foreign archives and libraries, since in the composer's estate at the Zürich Zentralbibliothek too many documents were missing, particularly on Brun's enormous conducting activities. To assemble over 200 subscription, choral and chamber music programs between 1904 and 1950 I needed to pass days in 5 different Berne libraries, 3 in Lucerne, 2 French Swiss ones, and to correspond with 3 libraries in Berlin, 2 in Cologne, 1 in Dortmund, 2 in Vienna, 2 in The Netherlands and 2 in France. I was hoping to find documents on Brun's short London 1902 stay (where he also performed with a ladie's string quartet), but was not lucky at all...
Now I am still editing my film biography on Brun, which will be some 70 minutes long...

Alan Howe

That's a lot of work! Thank you!

dhibbard

yes thank you !!  I have almost all the Brun CDs... except for 8

jdperdrix

I had planned to stream them on Qobuz, but I downloaded them instead, just in case they disappear... They are all there except the Cello concerto + songs, which I found on chandos.net, available for downloading...

adriano

They won't disappear. Very soon I will come up with good news :-)
Present downloads will be deleted soon - and taken over by another company!

JimL

I'd love to get just the cello concerto, but I'm having trouble connecting with Chandos.net.

adriano

Hello everybody :-)
Learning now that Brun's "Complete Orchestral Works" box on Brilliant Classics will have to wait until April 1st, 2019 to be issued. Well, it's still a wonder I could find another label - and I know Brilliant has a lot in their channels.
Still  :'(

Alan Howe

It'll be worth the wait for those who don't know these powerful works.

M. Yaskovsky

I'll buy the Brun box no doubt; it'll be worth the wait........

adriano

jimsemadeni

I recently gave most of my CDs to my local university library with the exception of my most beloved ones, and among those kept were all the Guild CDs, but especially the Brun series and the Marco Polos that Hadrianus gave us. Guess the recently emerged American cultural marauders will have to pry the beautiful sounds from my cold dead ears!!!

adriano

Thanks, Jim, although I have no idea who you are and to which Library I gave my CDs :-)

adriano

Thanks, minacciosa :-)
It will in any case, since the contract was stipulated and signed 4 months ago already. Brun's heirs costed this an attorney's bill of 1600 CHF, in order that Brilliant's drafted contract became a mutually agreed one.

M. Yaskovsky

A somewhat belated but very favourable review of Brun's symphonies on the Dutch site OpusKlassiek https://www.opusklassiek.nl/cd-recensies/cd-aw/brun01.htm