Author Topic: Koczalski PCs 1 & 2  (Read 195 times)

Rob H

• View Profile
Koczalski PCs 1 & 2
« on: Sunday 16 July 2017, 16:15 »
I have just noticed this on Acte Prealable website. I didn't even know he had written them...

"The world premiere recording of the First and Second Piano Concertos by Raul Koczalski took place on July 13th and 14th in Rzeszów. These works have been recently discovered by Jan A. Jarnicki. The world premiere of the First Concerto took place last year in Słupsk (performed by the Koszalin Philharmonic Orchestra), during the closing concert of the Polish Pianism Festival, the Second Concerto was first performed on June 17th 2017 in Radziejowice (by Sinfonia Varsovia). Both performances were done by phenomenal artists: the superb Polish pianist Joanna Lawrynowicz and the outstanding Italian conductor Massimiliano Caldi. The same artists, together with the Filharmonia Podkarpacka, realized the first recording in history of the above mentioned pieces. The recording will be available on CD later this year."

Rob

eschiss1

• View Profile
Re: Koczalski PCs 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 July 2017, 18:04 »
Interesting, IMSLP has a work of his but he'd passed me by I think. An opera of his is @ Hathitrust in vocal score (and a few other operas were also published by Pabst in the early years of the 20th century) , the piano concerto Op.83 was published in 1936 by Tischer & Jagenberg (Ewald Straesser's main publisher, by the way)...
"Write a music you love very much. If you are completely convinced, others will be convinced, and will eventually come to love it as you do." - Sessions, as quoted by Harbison (in 1977)

Alan Howe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Koczalski PCs 1 & 2
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 July 2017, 20:18 »