News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Koczalski PCs 1 & 2

Started by Rob H, Sunday 16 July 2017, 16:15

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Ah, thanks Rob H. And that's good news about his chamber works...

Gerhard Griesel

It looks like the Koczalski CD is now available for order, but unfortunately it is out of reach pricewise. Forty dollars plus shipping...

Alan Howe

Yes, it's apparently available direct from the label. Think I'll wait for its general release...

Martin Eastick

It would appear that the cost per CD is actually 40 zloty - which works out at about £8.40 plus postage of course! This, therefore, seems to be the most economical way of obtaining this (and other) releases from this most enterprising label. From what is listed here as new and recent releases, I have a rather large order to compile & request.........

Alan Howe

No, sorry Martin: it's 40 zloty within Poland, but otherwise EUR30 or $40! Admittedly you get the CD of Koczalski's chamber music thrown in, but, as I already have that, it's too expensive for me...

chill319

Nice to see that Acte Preable has scores for rent as well as recordings for sale. For Koczalski they list

– Piano concerto no. 1 in B minor op. 79
– Piano concerto no. 2 in G major op. 83
– Piano concerto no. 3 in G major op. 125 (in preparation)
– Violin concerto in A major op. 84
– Symphony op. 78 (in preparation)
– Symphony op. 93 (in preparation)

... presumably a clue as to future recordings as well.

Alan Howe

stevevx101

The Presto Classical site lists the CD as available.  The sample sounds very beautiful.

Mark Thomas

Could you supply a link, please? I can find the chamber music CD, but not the piano concertos. Thanks.

eschiss1

Me too. Though I -also- see Szantó piano music listed (another Acte préalable CD). Neat, that.

Alan Howe

I can't find it at Presto either.

Richard Moss

I think I saw on their web-site that Acta Prealable says it comes out for general release in December (and they're selling pre-general release versions at higher prices for those who cannot wait)>   Apologies if this is  and I have misunderstood.

Cheers

Richard

JJ

Regular price for our CDs is 15 € or 20 $. Postage is also 15/20 regardless of the quantity. The price of Koczalski's piano concertos in special offer till end of November is 30/40 including postage. But the special offer include free of charges Koczalski's violin works. I think it is cheaper offer then from 1st of December.

Alan Howe

Hi JJ and welcome to Unsung Composers!

Could you please tell us when the Koczalski Piano Concertos CD will be generally available for us in the UK?

JJ

Unfortunately, I do not know. Ask my distributor (Verification is awful. I'm not able to read most of the letters on my 27 'monitor).