Marian Arkwright and Edith Swepstone: Quintets for piano and winds

Started by Oboistenjoerg, Tuesday 01 August 2017, 19:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Oboistenjoerg

Hi there!

I have knowledge of the existence of quintets for piano, oboe, clarinet, horn and bassoon by Marian Arkwright and Edith Swepstone.
Does anybody have an idea how and/or where to find the sheet music or autographs or maunuscripts ?

I appreciate any help!!

eschiss1

Rob Barnett asked the same question about the Swepstone way back in 1998 on rec.music.classical (in a question about works performed in John Parr's concerts) - no idea if there was an answer though.
British Library manuscript search, Worldcat, COPAC, etc. seem to turn up nothing.

Simon

Welcome to UC, Oboistenjoerg!

I would be very interested if you could let us know if you find out more regarding these two quintets!

Simon

Just a short update, Swepstone's Quintet is actually for piano, flute, clarinet, horn and bassoon, and it was performed at John Parr's Chamber Music Concerts in Sheffield during the first half of Twentieth-Century. This information was made available to me by Miss Jessica Beck, PhD student at the Royal Northern College of Music. To the best of her knowledge, there are no other Quintet for piano and wind instruments by Swepstone.