"Introducing Sterling Records"

Started by Sharkkb8, Thursday 03 August 2017, 00:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkkb8

Just noticed this at Amazon, per below.  A wide-overview recording, with lots of shorter pieces (and some single movements from symphonies) - scheduled to be released in a few days.  Seems an interesting album title word, "introducing", for a company that been around a while.  Anyone closer to the business know whether or not we can infer some sort of shift in management (or management style, or direction), or if it's nothing more than just the usual sort of promotional recording to gain some additional visibility for the company?

Gregory

https://www.amazon.com/Introducing-Sterling-Vasteras-Symphony-Orchestra/dp/B072LMWGQW/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1501717515&sr=8-1&keywords=Introducing+Sterling+Records

TerraEpon

Well....it was only a couple years ago they changed distributors to Waystone....perhaps that's a factor.

Mark Thomas

As far as I know, there's been no change of management or focus at Sterling, it's still Bo Hyttner's baby. As you say, they've been distributed by Wyastone for a couple of years, and I know that Bo is happy with the way that's gone, so probably the "usual sort of promotional recording to gain some additional visibility" is the answer. 

adriano

Yes, it's a bit strange... :-) Nothing has changed at Sterling since Waystone took over the distribution...
Such promotional items should be given away for free, who is going to buy them anyway?

eschiss1

I think there's -some- audience for such things. Worldcat lists a few libraries that pick them up too (and misses others.) But on the whole I wonder too. Maybe they just turn up a profit in the profit/loss &c&c&c. - I have no idea...