BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Munktell: I Firenze

Started by mikehopf, Friday 03 November 2017, 07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehopf

On Swedish Radio P2

18.00 "I Firenze" av Helena Munktell
Opera i en akt. Libretto: Daniel Fallström. Solister: Susanna Andersson (Gemma), Joel Annmo (Stefano), Fredrik Zetterström (Bardi), Marcus Jupither (Bembo), Niklas Björling Rygert (Viarducci) och Torbjörn Lillieqvist (Sarsapilla). Radiokören. Sveriges Radios Symfoniorkester. Dirigent: Tobias Ringborg. Konsertant framförande 9/6, Berwaldhallen. Munktell: 1. Bränningar. 2. "I Firenze". Programledare: Christina Tobeck. (3 hrs.)

jani

If you missed it, you can listen this opera and symphonic poem Bränningar at http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt/974301?programid=2359

Bränningar starts at 6:15
I Firenze starts at 23:58

BerlinExpat

For anyone interested I have made a copy and also edited copies without scene applause and with or without the Swedish dialogue.

Alan Howe

Could you consider uploading it, please?

BerlinExpat

Alan Howe

For me, without applause or Swedish dialogue. Thanks!

Mark Thomas

I'll second that, thanks, Colin.

BerlinExpat

I've added the request to the downloads section. Enjoy!

Alan Howe

Thanks very much indeed. Much appreciated!

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Colin. Just to complete the Munktell-fest, I've added to the Downloads board here a recording of the broadcast of her symphonic poem Bränningar, which preceded I Firenze in the broadcast.

mikehopf

Saturday night on Swedish Radio P2:
In Florence by Helena Munktell
Helena Munktell became the first woman to have an opera performed in Sweden in 1889. Here it is brought back to life in a concert performance with the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra from 2017.

In Florence is the first opera by a Swedish female composer who was recorded at the Royal Opera. A few years after the performance, it was performed at a semi-private event in Paris, and also received praise there in the press. Nevertheless, Florence remained unplayed for about 125 years, from the 1890s until 2017. The play is a simple triangle drama, and the work is sometimes referred to as an operetta, because it has spoken dialogue.

Here the score is brought to life, and the charming and time-honored little opera can once again be heard in a concert performance in the Berwald Hall.
n act.

Alan Howe

Could you provide a link, please?

Alan Howe

Sorry, could you provide an exact link, please? Thanks!

BerlinExpat

We already have it in the downloads!