Rheinberger - Requiem in B flat minor, Op. 60

Started by britishcomposer, Monday 20 November 2017, 21:40

Previous topic - Next topic

britishcomposer

Dear members,

Last Friday Rheinberger's Requiem in B flat minor, op. 60 was broadcast in a recording from 1999 on BR-Klassik:
https://www.br-klassik.de/programm/radio/ausstrahlung-1214732.html
As far as I know there is no commercial recording of this work.
If there is any interest I will upload my recording later this week.

Mark Thomas

There is interest. Thank you very much in advance.

Alan Howe

jerfilm

Richard Moss

just back from  a week-end break and it is downloading as I type.  Hope it is as nice as some of his other Requiems/Masses I've already enjoyed.  Tks v much for uploading this - when I saw it first mentioned recently I checked and could find no CD or (legal) download of this work available so this is a most welcome addition to what is now available for this composer.

Best wishes

Richard

Gerhard Griesel

I tried to access the download, but AVG warned me about a virus. I'd rather be a coward and not download...

Mark Thomas

I think that you're safe. I had no such warning and all appears to be fine. I understand that a genuine mp3 file cannot carry a virus, but of course any sort of file can be renamed with an mp3 extension, including a virus-laden executable file. Downloads from MediaFire sometimes throw up false positives with some anti-virus programs because such programs are trying to identify if what looks like an standard mp3 is actually something else in disguise, however there's any need to worry in this case. It's a genuine mp3, and the music is lovely.

eschiss1

This one was premiered in 1870, according to Carus...
How many requiems did Rheinberger write? I see recordings @ NML of two others (Op.84 in E-flat and Op.194 in D minor) both recorded in a Rheinberger Sacred Music CD series on Carus (which has reached at least 6 volumes, only 2 of them currently available on NML. Currently may be the keyword though; older discs like the cpo Gouvy symphonies- and older ones- have recently been uploaded to the service, so etc &c ...) and I'm not positive there is a recording of the B-flat minor yet...