News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Even more Nowowiejski!

Started by Martin Eastick, Wednesday 03 January 2018, 12:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Eastick

Following on from the mention of other exciting releases featuring this composer, perhaps I can bring yet more news of further releases. Firstly see http://kameny.pl/project/feliks-nowowiejski/ - for a rather sumptuous 3cd set of the complete ballet music "Folk Paintings" Op18 & "King of the Winds" Op37. Also included is a bonus DVD which includes short excerpts of both works. The only difficulty is that there doesn't seem to be an ordering facility on their website (although an email from me did actually produce a complimentary copy as a rather unexpected  but delightful Christmas present)! I'm sure, however, that the extra perseverance to obtain copies will be amply rewarded.

Secondly, the Polish pianist Anna Miernik has just released a CD of Nowowiejski piano music, which compliments an earlier CD of a collection of his songs, both of which are available directly from her website http://www.annamiernik.com/en/cd-recordings/. These have just arrived in the post as I am typing this!................

Alan Howe

M. Yaskovsky

You just mailed them, asked for the CD's, gave your address and you got them for free by post...?

Alan Howe

I emailed them all those weeks ago - and the CDs/DVD turned up free of charge this morning! Thanks, Martin!

Gareth Vaughan

As did mine. I'm amazed. I really wasn't expecting them at all. Thanks for the tip, Martin.

Alan Howe

Seems it's not a commercial production, then?

der79sebas

I just wrote a mail and got an immediate answer: "Unfortunately, we do not have more copies."

Gareth Vaughan

Alan Howe

It's either a limited edition - or they're fed up with sending out free copies!!

Gareth Vaughan

But none of us ASKED for or EXPECTED a free copy. We merely enquired about availability. Well, that's what I did. I was awaiting information as to chat and how to obtain the CDs. That's why I was so surprised when they arrived in the post today.

Alan Howe

Quite so, Gareth. My intention and experience precisely!

Martin Eastick

Quite so - I certainly wasn't expecting this for nothing - and in any case, supporting such ventures by actually buying copies would send out the message to the promoters of such productions that there are those of us out there more than willing to support such projects! This should certainly be available as a commercial production which would sell to those interested, even though I can reluctantly concede that sales would never be more than modest at best!

M. Yaskovsky

My copy arrived today; let's have a listen tonight. Thanks for the tip Martin!

Alan Howe

Particularly glorious are the Folk Paintings Op.18 "Polish Dances". I defy anyone not to be swept away by their beauty, vigour and sheer melodiousness.

eschiss1

Do any of these new recordings contain the Polish Courtship (Swaty Polskie) overture dedicated to Max Bruch, btw (published in 1903 by Schuberth)?