Toccata Pipeline goodies....

Started by Sharkkb8, Saturday 03 February 2018, 23:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkkb8

https://toccataclassics.com/toccata-pipeline/

The "Toccata Pipeline" currently includes some interesting tidbits, some of which may have been mentioned before, but some of which I think might be new & worthy of following.  Individual threads to come, no doubt, but who knows how long this pipeline actually is.... :o

Charles O'BRIEN
Complete Chamber Music, Volume One  [suggesting more to come!]
Sonata for Piano Trio, Op. 27, No. 1, in B flat major
Sonata for Piano Trio, Op. 27, No. 2, in C minor
Two Waltzes

Richard STÖHR
Chamber Music, Volume Three
Violin Sonata No. 1 in G major, Op. 27 (1911)
Violin Sonata No. 2 in A major, Op. 65 (1927

Théodore DUBOIS
Chamber Music
Quintet for Oboe and Piano Quartet (1905)
String Quartet No. 1 (1909)
Petits rêves d'enfants (1903)
Méditation-Prière (1926)

Friedrich DOTZAUER
Flute and Oboe Quartets
Quartet for oboe, violin, viola and cello in F major, Op. 37 (1815)
Quartet for flute, violin, viola and cello, in A minor, Op. 38 (1816)
Third Quartet for flute, violin, viola and cello in E major, Op. 57 (1822)
Ensemble Pyramide

Hans GÁL
Chamber Music, Volume Three
Piano Quartet in B flat major, Op. 13
Three Sonatinas for Violin and Piano, Op. 71

Fritz HART
Complete Music for Violin and Piano, Volume One
Sonata No. 1 in D Minor, Op. 7
Sonata No. 2 in D Major, Op. 42
Sonata No. 3 in G Major, Op. 142
Two Bach Chorale Transcriptions
Prelude

Wenzel VEIT
String Quartets, Volume Two
String Quartet No. 3 in E flat major, Op. 7
String Quartet No. 4 in G major, Op. 16

....and this, the cd I mentioned in previous Kickstarter thread...

August Alexander KLENGEL
Piano and Chamber Music
Nocturne in F Minor, Op. 23, No. 5
Air Suisse with Variations, Op. 32
Fantaisie sur un air russe, Op. 25
Grand Trio Concertant, Op. 36
Divertissement, Op. 6: Romance
3 Romances, Op. 34

Gareth Vaughan

No sign of Volume Two of the chamber music of Ferdinand Thieriot. Volume One (and billed as such) appeared in 2010. Looks like this project has been abandoned, more's the pity.

eschiss1

This suggests maybe otherwise. Or I should say its Google Cache does, not its current contents.

"In Vorbereitung auf die neue CD ,,Thieriot Chamber Music Vol. 2" für das Londoner Label Toccata Classics präsentieren die Hamburg Chamber Players gleich zwei wichtige Werke des in Vergessenheit geratenen Hamburger Komponisten und Brahms-Freund Ferdinand Thieriot." (Yes, I too wonder why that text went missing?)

Ah, here.

"Sa, 17. Juni 2017 um 18 Uhr in der Michaelis-Kirche Cuxhavener Str. 323, 21149 Hamburg:
,,Ferdinand Thieriot - ein Hamburger Komponisten-Portrait". Streich-Trio.
In Vorbereitung auf die neue CD ,,Thieriot Chamber Music Vol. 2" für das Londoner Label Toccata Classics präsentieren die Hamburg Chamber Players gleich zwei wichtige Werke des in Vergessenheit geratenen Hamburger Komponisten und Brahms-Freund Ferdinand Thieriot. Ein Blick ins Werkverzeichnis zeigt ein erstaunlich großes Schaffen, besonders im Bereich der Kammermusik.
Ian Mardon (Violine), Julia Mensching (Viola) und Rolf Herbrechtsmeyer (Violoncello)."

(Source: a text-only Google Webcache of http://hamburgchamberplayers.de/daten.html.)

English translation:

In preparation for the new CD "Thieriot Chamber Music Vol. 2" for the London label Toccata Classics, the Hamburg Chamber Players present two important works of the forgotten composer and Brahms friend Ferdinand Thieriot. A look at the catalog raisonné shows an astonishingly great work, especially in the field of chamber music.
Ian Mardon (violin), Julia Mensching (viola) and Rolf Herbrechtsmeyer (violoncello). (2 string trios (in D and in A minor, published in the 2000s), judging from the more recent- January 2018 - concert - will be part of the contents of the new CD. The list @ IMSLP suggests also 5 published piano trios, 10 unpublished string quartets (or rather posthumously published) along with the 2 published during his lifetime, 3 cello sonatas (2 of them posthumous), and a fair amount of other chamber works besides... Good! Hopefully someone will eventually prepare all of his surviving symphonies and concertos etc. - I know Mr. Zielke has typeset quite a few of them - for performance (that is to say, someone actually help fund, the conductor actually conduct them and the orchestra actually perform them, not just typeset the parts which is a lot of work as I know), but one thing at a time...)

eschiss1

... oohhh... and some other goodies at the end, depending on one's tastes, especially if "Orchestral Music, Volume One" becomes -at least- "Complete Symphonies". There's (yet) a(nother) composer whose symphonies have never, I think, gotten a complete commercial recording (and only spotty partial ones- thanks to Lyrita mostly) but who does deserve better...

The early Respighi piano music (1897-1916) will I'm sure be quite Romantic too!