Cartellieri Symphony 4 key signature?

Started by Hector, Wednesday 07 February 2018, 16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Hector

So what key is Cartellieri's 4th Symphony in? Anyone with perfect pitch out there? Or who can have a look at the score? Why do CPO or the Evergreens not explain why they are not indicating a key?

Alan Howe

Holger

Alan Howe

Thank you very much. Could you please explain how you know?

eschiss1

At a quick guess, playing the cpo recording next to a piano- though if it's not played at concert pitch, that might not do it. Maybe comparing its opening key with the closing key of the preceding work, since relative key difference is sometimes easier to "get"; or getting two recordings from the same group at the same pitch and comparing pitch levels until you found one at the right key. ... Don't know and shouldn't be answering for Holger (... and if Holger is who I think, maybe there's a cpo connection that explains everything anyway? Hrm. Hi! :) :) )

Holger

The reason is that I have absolute pitch. I already identified the key of the symphony a while ago when I newly got the CD and made an entry in my collection catalogue (I always try to have information as complete as possible).

Alan Howe

Thanks very much indeed for that explanation.

Have you any idea why the cpo booklet omits the key signature?

Holger

Frankly, I have no idea. From time to time things like that just happen. It's already a little strange that the key signatures of all four symphonies are omitted in the track list...

Hector