Saint-Saëns/Guiraud Frédégonde

Started by Revilod, Sunday 05 August 2018, 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

BerlinExpat

Seven performances in Dortmund between 16.1.2021 and 27.5.2021!

I guess the première will be broadcast as the 16th is a Saturday and most likely be issued on CD by Bru Zane.

Kevin

Wasn't Bru Zane going to record his Déjanire? Or was that cancelled because of covid...or am I getting mixed up?

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Colin. Something to look forward to.

Matt

Déjanire will be recorded by Bru Zane (in December) and will release in CD.
Concerning Frédégonde, I have no information. And I'm not sure that there will be a CD release and even a radio broadcast...

Kevin

QuoteDéjanire will be recorded by Bru Zane (in December) and will release in CD.

That's good to know.

Ebubu

And not forgetting Phryné, being recorded next june.  For the Saint-Saëns anniversary.

Matt

Unfortunately, Phryné is not scheduled at la Seine musicale in June 2021. What a disappointment !
But the opera is normally planned at Rouen Opéra. We will know if it is confirmed on Monday.

Ebubu

The recording (Phryné) will indeed take place with the Rouen forces, under the supervision of PBZ.  With possibly a concert version or public recording sessions in late June, and possibly a stage production in the fall of 2021 (to be confirmed).

Matt

Quote from: Ebubu on Saturday 13 June 2020, 22:13
The recording (Phryné) will indeed take place with the Rouen forces, under the supervision of PBZ.  With possibly a concert version or public recording sessions in late June, and possibly a stage production in the fall of 2021 (to be confirmed).
Update : no Phryné in Rouen for the season 2020-21. Maybe later, for the season 2021-22 ? Let's hope...

Ebubu

It's NOT included in the official season.  But it will take place in the second half of June. Planning details still have to be finalized.

Matt

My mistake ! I understand now. Thanks  :)

Matt

In an interview (given in French), Marie Karall (who will sing Frédégonde in Dortmund) said that there was a recording project of Frédégonde !

BerlinExpat

QuoteUpdate : no Phryné in Rouen for the season 2020-21. Maybe later, for the season 2021-22 ? Let's hope...

A concert performance of Phryné took place last Saturday in Rouen. There's no indication that it will be staged in the 2021/2022 season. I guess it was recorded. The performance was the version with recitatives added by André Messager.

Frédégonde in Dortmund has been rescheduled for November 2021 and May 2022.

In May 2022 Joncières' Lancelot has been programmed for a staged performance at the Massenet theatre in St. Etienne in collaboration with Palazzeto Bru Zane who will provide the score.
Edit: see new thread: http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,8345.0.html

BerlinExpat

I checked last Saturday at the last minute to see if the première of Guiraud/Saint-Saёns Frédégonde was being broadcast and discovered that it was being streamed.

The production is Covid conform with a mixture of film and rather static stage action. The live action takes place on the decked orchestra pit, the orchestra fills the stage and the stalls was reserved for the chorus which uses the front rows.

The streaming is still available on Takt 1:

takt1 - Oper Dortmund: »Frédégonde«

I have extracted the music and will upload it asap!

Mark Thomas

Grateful thanks from us all to BerlinExpat, I'm sure, for some sterling work over the last couple of days in providing us with downloads of highly interesting broadcasts. I can't wait to get home and download them - particularly Frédégonde in due course.