News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

John Woollard

Started by eschiss1, Thursday 18 November 2010, 05:42

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

there was a website run by John Woollard with documents and summaries of the programs of orchestras worldwide; this was useful for a number of purposes, including to name just one of very many, getting an early(ish) warning(?) that an orchestra would be programming something unusual (which sometimes meant they might be recording it). It was a good centralized resource for that sort of thing rather than going to hundreds of orchestra websites to look for some hidden gems amongst mostly routine items :) ...
I hope he was not the same John Woollard whose death at age 74 was announced in an obituary this past spring, I just noticed, though I do think the site's been inactive for awhile now.  I thought of checking the site or if still inactive, others like it and individual sites it used to link to, when the thread about forthcoming violin concerto recordings was current, so this is not the total tangent-to-the-forum that it might seem- that is, for information for that thread I thought of looking at websites of soloists, conductors, and orchestras to see if any had plans to record anything relevant to the thread... does anyone have any notion what might have happened to maintainer and to site, and any resources obvious or otherwise that might substitute?

Thanks in advance and apologies.