News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Joseph Street

Started by giles.enders, Wednesday 16 February 2011, 11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

giles.enders

I have now visited The Family Record Centre and established that Joseph Edward Street was born in 1841 in Surrey,England, not far from where he died.
Thank you to all those who have helped with finding out a little more about this forgotten composer.

eschiss1

Thank  you . Have added all that to the IMSLP category page...

eschiss1

extra trivia- there are apparently some other surviving chamber works at libraries (hopefully to be scanned in eventually?)- a violin sonata ("#2") in E-flat, opus 28, published in 1876 (@ British Library), piano sonatas no.4 and 5 (in F and C, opp 19 and 23, @ British Library, all Breitkopf), 2 piano concertos (at the Free Library of Philadelphia), a piano trio, a symphony (op4 in E-flat published 1857! - another precocious composer, a 253-page symphony at age 16.)
Eric

thalbergmad

Both piano concertos are held at the British Library as well.

I knows, because it took me about 7 hours each to digitalise the blasted things.

Thal

eschiss1

ok, now I am curious as to the destination of the digitized versions, as someone who does a little (very very poor) typesetting the better to create parts of manuscript (e.g.) scores and upload them to IMSLP (yes, there's a reason why it's down at the moment)