Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
This is blazing masterpiece. I am blown away! More when I have recovered...
This is a semi-staged performance with the orchestra at the back and the cast, in costume, acting at the front.  The chorus is to one side and takes no part in the action. Behind the orchestra there is a screen upon which are projected scenes from the opera. There are additional visual effects.  The singers are, in general, excellent. The recording is also very good with the fine orchestra given plenty of presence.

This fairytale opera is one of Siegfried's best and was a success at its first performance in 1917. It's fast moving, enormously entertaining and the outline of the plot is easy to follow. Many of the melodies will be familiar from Siegfried's lovely Violin Concerto.

Btw, Amazon.co.uk says the disc is Region 1 but a close look at the box confirms that it is region free. I had no trouble playing it in the U.K.

This disc may just convert those who have hitherto resisted Siegfried's operas.
Ditto.  Thanks.
New Recordings & Broadcasts / Re: Rheinberger - Requiem in B flat minor, Op. 60
« Last post by BerlinExpat on Tuesday 21 November 2017, 21:22 »
Me too!
New Recordings & Broadcasts / Re: Koczalski PCs 1 & 2
« Last post by JJ on Tuesday 21 November 2017, 13:51 »
Unfortunately, I do not know. Ask my distributor (Verification is awful. I'm not able to read most of the letters on my 27 'monitor).
« Last post by Alan Howe on Tuesday 21 November 2017, 12:03 »
Hi JJ and welcome to Unsung Composers!

Could you please tell us when the Koczalski Piano Concertos CD will be generally available for us in the UK?
« Last post by JJ on Tuesday 21 November 2017, 11:16 »
Regular price for our CDs is 15 € or 20 $. Postage is also 15/20 regardless of the quantity. The price of Koczalski's piano concertos in special offer till end of November is 30/40 including postage. But the special offer include free of charges Koczalski's violin works. I think it is cheaper offer then from 1st of December.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10