News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Wigmore depression

Started by Rob H, Friday 20 May 2011, 11:28

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

jimmattt - no doubt. of the 5 billion odd people on the planet (perhaps even restricted to people in your home country even, though I don't know...), there are probably some such people. I wouldn't bet against it, anyways. 

and this thread is beginning to heat its emotional temperature considerably, I think.  I'm no one's idea of a moderator, but if I may make a teensy suggestion?

Stop all and consider.

jimmattt

Sorry, just that of the pedantry and superciliosity that occasionally rears its head here, the unnecessary attention to the rare typographical errors found on here seems the least sufferable. And I am gone.

JimL

I don't recall seeing any attention paid to typographical errors recently.  And they're not all that infrequent, either. 

Mark Thomas

thalbergmad

Quote from: ahinton on Saturday 21 May 2011, 22:18
Quote from: thalbergmad on Friday 20 May 2011, 22:00
Quote from: ahinton on Friday 20 May 2011, 21:18

Where's the "plinky-plonk" in my work, or in Sorabji's for that matter?...

You are far better qualified than I to comment on such things.
If so, then please don't comment as you did "on such things". Thanks.

I have continued my comments on another forum.

Thanks

Alan Howe

...which we don't need to know about here. Enough means enough.

thalbergmad

Please do me a favour and delete my account immediately and you will have no more from me.

I have no great desire to be on the same forum with someone who googles Sorabji 5,000 times a day in order to find forum posts with spelling errors.

Goodbye.

Thal

JimL

Oh.  Found the spelling error bit.  Not worth the tiff.  A little too late now, but I'm surprised that some individuals have skins that thin.  Oh, well, win a few lose a few.

Delicious Manager

Quote from: thalbergmad on Sunday 22 May 2011, 13:26
Please do me a favour and delete my account immediately and you will have no more from me.

I have no great desire to be on the same forum with someone who googles Sorabji 5,000 times a day in order to find forum posts with spelling errors.

Goodbye.

Thal

Now THERE's someone with issues!

JimL

Or rather, there WENT someone with issues!

Mark Thomas

Look, enough really does mean enough! From everybody. There are plenty of place online to fall out but this isn't one of them. We've locked this thread now.

And carrying on the discussion in another topic (which I have deleted) might be thought of as rather disrespectful by more sensitive moderators than we two!

Let's all move on.