News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Retail

Started by giles.enders, Monday 20 June 2011, 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbert Pauls

sdtom, you can get all the complete booklets for Naxos and Marco Polo CDs (and many other labels as well) through the Naxos Music Library. My local public library has a subscription, so I can use my library card number from home to access all the cds, cover, art, complete booklets, etc. Perhaps your public library in Minneapolis has the Naxos Music Library...

Herbert Pauls

Just checked the Naxos Music Library. The cpo Badings disc is there together with the complete booklet.

eschiss1

As to Doblinger, is that the same as the music publisher (Doblinger-Verlag) (mostly modern and I think also modern editions of earlier music, I think, but some very good music in-_my_-opinion (Wellesz, others) published by them), or is the name a coincidence?

FBerwald

Not all digital CPO booklets are complete - as in some say booklets and just have the 1st 3 pages of the booklet viz the cover and track listings. This happened with 2 of my downloads - Georg Schumann Symphony and the Graener Symphony.

giles.enders

This thread reminds me of Chinese whispers.  I started this tread groaning about retail, and now we are on to SSds and transistors.  It might be helpful for this to be on another thread.

sdtom

I feel it is an interesting discussion that should be continued but it is out of our remit. Perhaps Alan and Mark will permit us to start up a new topic.

Moderator's Note: The discussion which moved into consideration of the various options for long term storage of music collections can now be found here.